- 7 Posts
Please Help! USB Mass Storage Not recognized
So I have an optimus v that is recognized by my pc, but not my laptop. I think it's because i actually installed the Optimus V driver software from the internet on my pc, but my dilemma is that I'm always on the move and I use public computers a lot. So when i try to transfer files from the public computer to my phone, it won't recognize it.
Is there anyway my Optimus V can be recognized without having to install the Optimus driver software from the internet?
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
- 11-13-2012, 11:49 PM #2
Re: Please Help! USB Mass Storage Not recognized
Not really, no. If the computers you use are on Wi-Fi, you can download Wi-Fi File Transfer from the Play store and use that, or your only other option is to carry a portable SD card reader with you. I -think- Windows 7 will read the USB storage without the drivers, but it's been quite a while since I've used USB storage on any phone, let alone my V, so I can't say for sure.--Chris [cole2kb]
"Any story about malware on any platform...without numbers is not giving you the full picture, and just might be more worried about getting your clicks than any real discussion."
Words to live by: there are always two sides to every story.
- 11-14-2012, 08:54 AM #3
- By janina437 in forum IntroductionsReplies: 4Last Post: 03-23-2013, 11:40 PM
- By Gcorr003 in forum IntroductionsReplies: 1Last Post: 02-20-2013, 10:28 AM
- By BenjaSands in forum Sprint PhotonReplies: 1Last Post: 11-09-2012, 10:12 AM
- By DizzyMaker in forum Verizon Galaxy NexusReplies: 9Last Post: 08-15-2012, 06:00 PM
- By rodya234 in forum Samsung ReplenishReplies: 4Last Post: 01-13-2012, 03:51 PM