Galaxy Tab 2 vs Nexus 7

Zakman

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
OK guys I have a choice between a nexus 7 or a Gtab 2, the nexus is 200 and the gtab 2 is 150 refurbished at wal-mart. Help me my optimus v brothers!

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Tapatalk 2

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Nexus 7 has a higher screen resolution and a faster processor. Updates direct from Google. Stereo speakers (GTab has mono).

The only con I can see is the lack of removable storage, if that's something you care about, but I'd urge you to get the N7 just for the purpose of future proofing. Think hard about whether or not you -really- need an SD card.

Zakman

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Tab 2 7 and I was thinking of getting a tab just for the price, plus I could root it and put jellybean on it

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
At $50 more, you're getting a device officially sanctioned by Google, which means you don't even have to root it to put Jellybean on it. It comes with it, along with guaranteed updates. If your plan is to flash a ROM anyway, guaranteed development by all the major dev teams, because it's a Nexus, not to mention almost impossible to brick. It has a higher resolution, with a better GPU. You pay $50 more and you don't run the risk of wishing you had a better tablet in 6 months. I'd say Nexus 7.

Zakman

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I completely agree. But I'm kinda on a fixed budget, from Black Friday till Christmas I have like $300 to spend

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Nexus 7 is likely to be the first Android Tablet to get aftermarket support that comes anywhere close to the support the Ipad has.
Not to mention Google is FAR better with updates and openness than Samsung ever was.

At the moment the Tab looks like a decent buy, but a year from now, I think you would be wishing you had the Nexus.

codyahiggins

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
I was planning on asking my mom for a Kindle Fire HD or Nexus 7. I chose Nexus 7 over Kindle and some other tablets.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I completely agree. But I'm kinda on a fixed budget, from Black Friday till Christmas I have like $300 to spend

I still think you should go for the N7. With the amount you're spending, you'll want the device to last a while. There is no guarantees for updates or long term support with the Tab, but with the N7 there is.

Zakman

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
OK made my decision, I'm getting the nexus 7 Thursday night hopefully at Walmart. Hopefully its in stock.

tli

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
You might try your local Sears tomorrow instead of fighting the crowds on Thu night. I made my purchase today at Sears because they are offering $10 back in ShopYourWay Rewards points when buying the Nexus 7--this is their pre-Black Friday special this week. It's easy to sign up for their rewards program--even could be done at time of purchase I believe. Every retailer is selling the Nexus 7 at MSRP of $250. The only Black Friday deal for the Nexus 7 is at Office Depot for $230 with limited quantity so if you're not camping outside their doors already then you can pretty much forget about getting in on this deal. I got the last one that was in stock at the Sears I went to this afternoon. :)

5518Nexus-7-at-Sears.png

Alex Pearsall

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
Nexus 7 Will get key lime pie when its released before Samsung. Samsung's support for devices only last like 3 months they always want you to buy the new thing they have. It took them 10 months to get ics to the tab 10.1:D:D
I love my nexus 7 never will not love it! Nexus 7 beats the tab 2 with quad core which most new tablets are going to have. Then the tab people are going to feel owned and the SD dosnt matter with Google drive and drop box which you can put apps on!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie