Is VM working on towers near me?

ZackVortex

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
I was wondering if VM are working on towers near me, because I have 1X everywhere when I usually have 3G everywhere.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

atrain2324

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
I was wondering if VM are working on towers near me, because I have 1X everywhere when I usually have 3G everywhere.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

Not VM, but Sprint. Sounds like things are about to get even more worse before they get better (dropped calls, delayed texts and even when they do turn back 3G, for the most part, it's slower than molasses)...then eventually it gets way better. Your latency times start to come down, 3G becomes more stable, then the speeds get higher. Where I live in the Chicago suburbs, its around 80-120 on the ping and 1.5-2.3 megs! But it helps me that Sprint propped a new tower nearby.

drezliok

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
I will try that when I get home. My internet went from 500kbps to 40kbps. The day before Thanksgiving I had no trouble. How was too busy to notice any trouble yesterday. But today on black Friday I noticed my 3g speeds dropped.

Strike that. I just powered down and took my battery out for 5 minutes and my speeds doubled

Last edited:

koeylondon

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
Sprint has been working on a LOT of towers recently. To the tune of completely tearing out most of their towers and replacing them with upgraded hardware. Things get shaky for a bit, then get better slowly. Being on VM, you have little recourse right now but to wait. Unfortunately, Virgin piggybacks Sprint's network, and while Sprint customers are currently enjoying a number of steep discounts to keep customers until after the network stabilizes, VM as a prepay does few if any credits for service loss.

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
From what I gather Sprint is making large LTE upgrades to our tri-state area. MI, Ohio, IL - Might also be happening other places I only have info about my local area.

ZackVortex

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
From what I gather Sprint is making large LTE upgrades to our tri-state area. MI, Ohio, IL - Might also be happening other places I only have info about my local area.

I was actually thinking "What if Sprint are upgrading to 4G?"

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463