Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #51  

ROM
    MiRaGe/jawz101 kernel

Default Re: Can't decide what to upgrade to!

Either way, I'm glad we're all happy with whatever fits us.
    I can't wait for this thing to come in the mail.

Quote Originally Posted by cole2kb View Post
    Hmm. I have a MAXX and am having a totally different experience. This screen is great.
    Then I guess it was just mine but there were tons of people that had the same issues as me and it was the same issue with the droid 4 too.

yeah the only things I miss are 1.) Removable Battery and 2.) Micro SD card slot but this has good amount of storage and good battery life. Not as good as the maxx but next too it.

I think I will be returning the One X for the One X+ anyway since I have till January 11 I think.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #54  

ROM
    MiRaGe/jawz101 kernel

My S3 came in the mail today and I absolutely love the screen!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:
    ladyc0524 likes this.

Well I like my HTC one X but have been having some issues with mine and going back to apple (iPhone 4S) I can't beat it for $49.99. And will just look for an android tablet. But right now I need a phone with good battery life. decent specs, a good camera & zero lag/show down from apps. I think I will either get the Samsung note 10.1 or the Transform I forgey the maker but has that keyboard dock.

- - - Updated - - -

Well I like my HTC one X but have been having some issues with mine and going back to apple (iPhone 4S) I can't beat it for $49.99. And will just look for an android tablet. But right now I need a phone with good battery life. decent specs, a good camera & zero lag/show down from apps. I think I will either get the Samsung note 10.1 or the Transform I forgey the maker but has that keyboard dock.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #56  

ROM
    MiRaGe/jawz101 kernel

Sorry to hear that. The iPhone 4S is a great phone!!

Yeah only big downside is the smaller screen but hell the Optimus screen is 3.2 Even though my last 2 phones had 4"+ screen. Well I'm going to pick one up tomorrow after work. But at least I'm going to get good quality apps and games and I will just end up jailbreak to make it more open source.

But any ways you like you GS 3? Battery life good? And slow down in the last day? Have you got to use android Siri Google now on jelly bean?
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #58  

ROM
    MiRaGe/jawz101 kernel

Quote Originally Posted by emburybrett View Post
    Yeah only big downside is the smaller screen but hell the Optimus screen is 3.2 Even though my last 2 phones had 4"+ screen. Well I'm going to pick one up tomorrow after work. But at least I'm going to get good quality apps and games and I will just end up jailbreak to make it more open source.

But any ways you like you GS 3? Battery life good? And slow down in the last day? Have you got to use android Siri Google now on jelly bean?
    Yeah I mean the 4S screen is beautiful and the size isn't terrible.
    But I love the GS3. I'm still on ICS but I plan to update to JB in the near future.
    Battery life is a bit of a let down, and charge time is ridiculous (3-4 hours?).
    S Voice is meh but hopefully Google Now will eventually make up for it.
    No lag or slow down in the last 24 hours here!

Yeah the quality of the screen is good 326PPI I think but size is ok I guess. You know that they have jelly bean for OTA update? And I don't know why it takes so long to charge tthe One X is the same way even when I use the OEM charger. Really S-voice isn't that good? They made it sound like it was better then Siri in the reviews.
    well good to hear you like the phone hopefully I like the iPhone 4S I am kinda picky about my phones but I just don't want to get stuck in a 2 year plan with a phone I'm not happy about & have to pay full retail for a phone.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #60  

ROM
    MiRaGe/jawz101 kernel

I mean yeah I'm still a bit jealous of the fluidity of the iPhone 4S, I've witnessed my friend just whip it out of her purse, iMessage a friend with a smooth keyboard typing experience, and shove it back in all within 15 seconds.
    The S3 is a bit clunky to pull out of my pocket and I ended up installing SwiftKey 3 to make typing go smoother.
    But I'm pretty sure the charge time is due to the huge size of the battery, yet, battery life isn't too great. I still can't make it through the day, though I do use the phone A LOT with 4G and music/gaming/texting/calling.
    S Voice is okay. For some reason the voice of it just really annoys me, lol. I still prefer the personality of Siri. Plus, in my experience, Siri had understood me way better than S Voice.
    However today, after a terribly slow and laggy experience with Kies, I got my S3 running 4.1.1. Google Now is amazing, and I love Blocking Mode. The Mobile Toggle being removed is a minus, though, and the phone isn't any smoother with Project Butter, though it was extremely fast before and remains to be, now.
    All in all, I still love it.
    Here's to the best for you and your phone satisfaction! :toast:

Yeah I have always loved apple for how fast the and fluid the phone can be but always hated the fact that its closed sourced and everything I mean I do still love android but they dont have a phone that I know runs as fluid as iOS and hate/can't stand lag. I am on it now and really don't mind the screen size as much as I thought I would after using the Htc One X for about 2 weeks with the 4.7 inch screen. Maybe android will become more fluid and fast without becoming so simple. Don't get me wrong I don't mind it being simple but when ever they jailbreak iOS 6.0.1 I'm going to download dreamboard it's they 2ed best thing to flashing a rom on android I guess + a lot of friends have iPhone or iPod touches so I get to use iMessage and its a lot like the old BBM

Also I know I'm going to keep my iPhone 4S since the people at bestbuy got rude with me -.- (Not the guy helping me but the manager that has to sign off on the return since it was my second return 1.)Motorola Atrix HD then 2.) Htc One X)

Yeah I have always loved apple for how fast the and fluid the phone can be but always hated the fact that its closed sourced and everything I mean I do still love android but they dont have a phone that I know runs as fluid as iOS and hate/can't stand lag. I am on it now and really don't mind the screen size as much as I thought I would after using the Htc One X for about 2 weeks with the 4.7 inch screen. Maybe android will become more fluid and fast without becoming so simple. Don't get me wrong I don't mind it being simple but when ever they jailbreak iOS 6.0.1 I'm going to download dreamboard it's they 2ed best thing to flashing a rom on android I guess + a lot of friends have iPhone or iPod touches so I get to use iMessage and its a lot like the old BBM

Also I know I'm going to keep my iPhone 4S since the people at bestbuy got rude with me -.- (Not the guy helping me but the manager that has to sign off on the return since it was my second return 1.)Motorola Atrix HD then 2.) Htc One X)
    It's happening that's why I jumped ship. If you look at Nexus 7 4.2 if things are coded properly we are definitely around iOS 5 like smoothness. The Android industry knows 2013 has to deliver not only kickass features but rock solid stability and ultra smoothness. This is why Samsung is ahead but the others won't be standing still... Sony and HTC have made good improvements with 4.0 and HTC a lot of improvement with 4.1.

On the other hand in 2013 I don't see Apple coming out with anything really spectacular hardware or software wise, look at the iPhone5. Nice but nothing outstanding.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

Don't get me wrong I did really like the Htc one x it was a lot better then the Htc inspire I owned for a while last year and know and droid has came so far my first android was the Motorola backflip with android 1.5 so I do see could far its come but I tired of waiting and really just need a phone I could rely on for then a phone that has so much potential but still being held back by small things. I will try android again for my main phone in the next year or two if I get sick of this phone but right now I'm happe with it. So far today I have had 4 hours of usage with 52 mins with the screen on and still have 80% battery life with most of that screen time being on the internet, and the last time that happened was when I had the Razr Maxx

Jumped into this thread late but my. 02 I jumped the Apple ship after four years. Sure I still have iTunes on my pc and use it for some music but with android being so easy to transfer files I now use a plethora of services for music. Sure the iPhone is a bit more fluid but with JB its very close now. Texting and keyboards can be just as fast on Android as the iPhone, just find the right messaging app and keyboard and you'll get used to it.

Battery drain on the s3; play with the settings and read the forums I've gotten decent time out of mine with some tweaks.

With all the customization and tweaks you'll find the right balance and might even become faster than your friends on their iphones.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Oh and the iPhone 5s or 6 is rumored to only have a small upgrade and come in different colors. Woo hoo! (sarcasm)

I just got the iPhone 4S yesterday and don't really mind it at all and I have had the iPhone 3G and iPhone 4 also but for the most part I have been with android since 2010 and given android so many chances to get better and don't really see much different in change in the last few years with iOS or android and as I said before I will give android another chance but right now I'm fine with the 4S sure I'm going to miss NFC,Roms, and the large screens with HD display but when it comes down to it I just want a phone I don't have a mess with for hours/days to find out how to get it to run fast and get better battery life. My iPhone 4S came with iOS 6.0.1 and have Extraordinary battery life compared to the One X I returned

I Attached a screenshot. The screens been on for over three hours just today with two hours being web browsing 35 minute phone call while on the Internet and 40 minutes of texting. Compared to the one X the battery would have been dead around noon today after being taken off the charger near 7 o'clock this morning And I still have 20% left & that will last me another 2-3 hours. And keep in mind this is extreme usage I've been on the phone for well over three hours when normal uses only 1 to 2 hours for an entire day. With the screen on.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Can't decide what to upgrade to!-image.jpg  

Plus Siri is actually really fast and simple eliminating need to download simple apps like a weather app. I just hold the home button Siri asks what I want to say simple command and it only takes like five seconds to get. See

- - - Updated - - -

Plus Siri is actually really fast and simple eliminating need to download simple apps like a weather app. I just hold the home button Siri asks what I want to say simple command and it only takes like five seconds to get. See
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Can't decide what to upgrade to!-image.jpg  

- - - Updated - - -

That looks familiar, oh wait it looks like Google Now.

Quote Originally Posted by zapfrog View Post
    That looks familiar, oh wait it looks like Google Now.

Funny you mention that Siri came out before Google now. Siri's been around now for a few years as Google now has only just come to existence in the jellybean update.

Funny you mention that Siri came out before Google now. Siri's been around now for a few years as Google now has only just come to existence in the jellybean update.
    Maybe in pho e function it did but Google has been playing with voice commands/searches way before Siri. In fact so has M$.

21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #71  

ROM
    MiRaGe/jawz101 kernel

After having used Siri, S Voice, and Google Now, I'd have to say Siri is the best. I prefer the conversation style and personality of Siri.
    Galaxy S3 is my phone of choice because of the 4.8" 720p screen, LTE, alongside a plethora of Samsung/Jellybean features. And it was $32.
    The iPhone 4S is amazing with the retina display, HSPA+, fluidity and iOS optimization. I've said it before but I'll Android will just never be at the optimization level of iOS.
    iOS is slick out of the box.
    Android requires some tinkering and playing before it's just right.
    However, tinkering is definitely for me. For a lot of others, it's not.
    That's my stance.
    emburybrett1 likes this.

I don't agree with that. Look at where android was a few years ago to where it is now. Optimization will get there it just takes time.

Maybe in pho e function it did but Google has been playing with voice commands/searches way before Siri. In fact so has M$.

Apple has had voice commands pretty much since day one so I don't understand what point you're trying to make?

Don't being an ***. Android is great but I don't believe it is the best at this current time I understand your big android fan justhow you're acting. But in my mind apple is slightly ahead of android. I'm not a die hard apple fan or anything but can't stand people like you. I like both android and iOS.

- - - Updated - - -

Apple has had voice commands pretty much since day one so I don't understand what point you're trying to make?

Don't being an ***. Android is great but I don't believe it is the best at this current time I understand your big android fan justhow you're acting. But in my mind apple is slightly ahead of android. I'm not a die hard apple fan or anything but can't stand people like you. I like both android and iOS.
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #74  

ROM
    MiRaGe/jawz101 kernel

Well by optimization I meant that iOS is designed for one phone line and one phone line only while Android is more of a general software.

I don't agree with that. Look at where android was a few years ago to where it is now. Optimization will get there it just takes time.

I've had android primarily the entire time since 2010 and see how far it's come. I've been android user since android 1.5 but Apple seems to be more smooth and fluid then android has since the day I got it.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast