Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree7Likes

Default Re: Can't decide what to upgrade to!

Quote Originally Posted by Encerspay45 View Post
    Well by optimization I meant that iOS is designed for one phone line and one phone line only while Android is more of a general software.

That's one reason I like apple. Look at the Optimus v we never got one update from Virginmobile or LG while I know I can get at least 4 year of updates just by looking at the iPhone 3GS they are still updating a phone that is from 2009

ROM
    Stock, CM10, AOKP

Quote Originally Posted by emburybrett View Post
    That's one reason I like apple. Look at the Optimus v we never got one update from Virginmobile or LG while I know I can get at least 4 year of updates just by looking at the iPhone 3GS they are still updating a phone that is from 2009
    The optimus did get a update but it a security fix (still a update). Plus it's EOL so a software update is impractical.

One of the reasons why android was lagging was due to the hardware it was running on or the bloat carriers put on it. While Apple forced carriers not to add any bloatware. Plus it's easier to design software for a single phone than for a hundred phones.

Sent from Curiosity on Mars.

Not being an ***. I had the 3,3gs, and 4, uh no they did not have voice commands, day one uh. Don't think so.
    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #79  

ROM
    MiRaGe/jawz101 kernel

Don't get me wrong I'm not trying to create tension or say you're wrong we're all just stating our opinions here.
    iPhones are great for certain reasons just likes Androids are great for certain reasons as well.
    This Galaxy S3 is my dream phone.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:

Press hold the home button until VoiceCommands comes up it's been on the iPhone 3G 3GS and four I've had the iPhone 3G and four and both of them had it

Quote Originally Posted by Nate456 View Post
    The optimus did get a update but it a security fix (still a update). Plus it's EOL so a software update is impractical.

One of the reasons why android was lagging was due to the hardware it was running on or the bloat carriers put on it. While Apple forced carriers not to add any bloatware. Plus it's easier to design software for a single phone than for a hundred phones.

Sent from Curiosity on Mars.
    I got the phone back when it first came out with Virginmobile when sprint was still selling it like hotcakes. And I never received a single update on mine. So you can't say it's that end of life list when I first got it. Virginmobile nor LG pushed a single update that I received on it. When I got it it was on Android 2.2.1 and it's stayed the same ever since I got it. Only time it was ever updated was when I rooted in flashed custom ROMs that I shouldn't have to

Quote Originally Posted by emburybrett View Post
    What updates Apple IOS looks has not changed,all Apple does is add a few new features on top of the same look.

Just like android they have also the same look from android 1.0 to 2.3 it was the same then on android 4.0 to 4.2 and this will blow your mind they added 4 whole spots to add 4 different apps like apple haves had since the original iPhone.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #84  

ROM
    MiRaGe/jawz101 kernel

Well if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234