Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default App for creating a forum?

    I want to start my own forums, which is newb easy online, but I wanted an app to do it for me and would hopefully work the same way tapatalk does. Any suggestions?

    Sent from a secret source using Android Central for Android.
  2. #2  
    skurtov's Avatar

    Posts
    88 Posts
    ROM
    BobZHome-

    Default Re: App for creating a forum?

    Quote Originally Posted by itzpremix View Post
    I want to start my own forums, which is newb easy online, but I wanted an app to do it for me and would hopefully work the same way tapatalk does. Any suggestions?

    Sent from a secret source using Android Central for Android.
    I believe you can just register your forum with Tapatalk and it will list it in their index. Also. Ask Leslie, she created an app for the vmroms forum

    Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk HD
  3. #3  
    tvall's Avatar

    Posts
    591 Posts
    ROM
    cm9

    Default Re: App for creating a forum?

    First, you need a forum. Usually, this means paying for web hosting and setting one up, but some sites offer free forums already set up for you (but from what I've seen, these are limited in what you can do). Or you could host yourself, which involves setting up a web server.

    Then, after setting up your forum, install the tapatalk plugin/mod for the forum software you used then sign up on tapatalk.com. this is the easiest part.

    For an app, there are several sites you can use to make "apps" that are simply just a webview of whatever page you hard-code in. (Like the vmroms app and the app for my forum/minecraft server)
    my roms & kernels (based on iho)

    If you'd like to donate to me, i accept litecoin, bitcoin, and hardware
    LTC - LTVALL5gsjPvgeiBWD7c6DHNWidbpzVu3w
    BTC - 1TVALLetFibDe8Zap5qPsqa4BAJWQYQ59
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

    Default Re: App for creating a forum?

    Quote Originally Posted by tvall View Post
    First, you need a forum. Usually, this means paying for web hosting and setting one up, but some sites offer free forums already set up for you (but from what I've seen, these are limited in what you can do). Or you could host yourself, which involves setting up a web server.

    Then, after setting up your forum, install the tapatalk plugin/mod for the forum software you used then sign up on tapatalk.com. this is the easiest part.

    For an app, there are several sites you can use to make "apps" that are simply just a webview of whatever page you hard-code in. (Like the vmroms app and the app for my forum/minecraft server)
    <3 Minecraft XBLA

    Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
  5. #5  

    Default Re: App for creating a forum?

    I might be a little late here, but i know that someone else will visit this post and my info may be pretty helpful. There's a website for this (http://www.codenameone.com). You can easily create any kind of app you desire. This really helped few of my friends when they had similiar problems such as yours.
  6. #6  

    Default Re: App for creating a forum?

    Quote Originally Posted by justas28 View Post
    I might be a little late here, but i know that someone else will visit this post and my info may be pretty helpful. There's a website for this (http://www.codenameone.com). You can easily create any kind of app you desire. This really helped few of my friends when they had similiar problems such as yours.
    Hmm. That information is helpful. I'll go take a look at that later on and see what options there are.

    ---------
    This is my signature. Without me, my signature is nothing. Without my signature, I am nothing.

Similar Threads

  1. What is the best app for creating word documents on an a200?
    By Shorteejen in forum Acer Iconia A200
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-14-2012, 08:22 AM
  2. Need help! Can someone create an app for me?
    By romullus in forum Android App Inventor
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-19-2012, 04:37 AM
  3. Facebook App for Android
    By johnnybz in forum Android Apps
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 06-07-2012, 07:06 AM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-22-2011, 04:54 PM
  5. app for forums
    By roadwarrior69 in forum General Help and How To
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-11-2010, 11:44 PM

Posting Permissions