Can't send MMS messages says "Message Expired or Not Available"

todd2000

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
Any time I try to send or receive an MMS message It says "Message Expired or Not Available." I really don't send or receive that many MMS messages, so I can't say exactly how long this has been broken, honestly the last time I remember sending an MMS was in Dec. and it worked fine. I haven't changed anything with the phone since then, so I'm not sure what is going on. I will try calling Virgin tomorrow, but figured I'de see if anyone on here had a fix first. Thanks!

notown

SAMLOKA
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Any time I try to send or receive an MMS message It says "Message Expired or Not Available." I really don't send or receive that many MMS messages, so I can't say exactly how long this has been broken, honestly the last time I remember sending an MMS was in Dec. and it worked fine. I haven't changed anything with the phone since then, so I'm not sure what is going on. I will try calling Virgin tomorrow, but figured I'de see if anyone on here had a fix first. Thanks!

Sounds like your area was effected by the outbreak. you can double check with VM to see if your area is being worked on. i believe its almost a national MMS issue however i just tried sending one and it "sent"

B10alia

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
I'm having MMS issues too, Blacksburg, VA. I'm on my second ROM now trying to fix this, although the stock ROM seems to work just fine...

Caro Es

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem right now. One day, I had a message indicated the cellphone's storage was packed so I had to close some applications. I did it but then I cannot see MMS. I went to Sprint and they said I have to be connect to Internet. I don't think that is the reason because before I can see/receive MMS without connected. Please, somebody can help me!! :'(

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
I don't know about Sprint, but with Virgin Mobile you have to have internet connection to send or receive mms. No connection is needed to send or receive sms.

Have you deleted all your old sms's and mms's yet?
Cleaned all your app caches?
Cleaned call logs?
Cleaned download history?
Cleaned Browser history, cache, and HTML data?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using AC Forums mobile app

Waqary

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
On my Galaxy S4 i was having the same problem. I went to APN settings and made sure that they were all correct as per my carrier. Mobile data has to be on in order to forward MMS at least in my case. I used to browse web but it was just the MMS which was having the problem. Please make sure in your APN settings MMSC path is correct and APN TYPE is correct. Good luck

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol