Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

ROM
    G-T-R Reloaded

Default Re: Optimus V: is this as good as it gets?

I'm planning on keeping my OV until it dies, hopefully it will last until next year, by then I expect the Galaxy S II to be cheap
    Where did u hear tht word

ROM
    MiRaGe - IHO CM7.2

I think by then, the S III will be cheap !! LOL
    Sent via my ZV5 VMOV(ns)

ROM
    Bean_Whiz-CM10v2.2.2CX

I'm not going to purchase a new phone until my area gets 4G LTE that I can afford.
    Then I'll get the best plan and the phone with the most bang for my Buck (as long as it's not over $200.00).
    Until then I have a backup V for if this one ever dies.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    upconvert likes this.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #29  

I'm just a few miles outside of Philly and I wish I knew how well the 4G wimax service works. I know there's not going to be any more build out of the wimax network but I also know that there is no 4G LTE signal here yet. I very well may just open the $99 Evo v that I have still in the box at home and just start playing, ...getting root and flashing. Maybe hold off on giving up the $25/mo plan. 4G LTE sounds exciting but I wonder if it is going to take 1-2 years for them to get enough towers switched on for it to be worth it. I see the Galaxy Victory is already discounted $50 the week after they made it available. It seems to get the same reviews as every other phone running stock VM, ... poor battery life .... I guess the phone is only as good as the developer community/roms.

BTW I'm really happy with PAC Rom from thekraven. I really needed to refomat my SD card and start with a clean slate to get it working right but it was worth all the effort. The only minor complaint I have is that I couldn't toggle 3g from the quick settings but I just downloaded a widget from the play store and that works fine. I am still on ZV4 are there any options/benefits to switch to something else? If so can you point me to the appropriate thread? Thanks!

ROM
    Bean_Whiz-CM10v2.2.2CX

Try "Notification Power Widget"
    After you choose which toggles you want to display, reboot phone.
    Those toggles will now be in the pulldown notification drawer.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #31  

Well I finally activated the Evo V 4G that I picked up when it was on sale at Radio Shack. I'm very happy with the phone but it was a shame to have to lose the $25/month plan. I happened to update the first day of a new month. As it turns out when you do finally decide to switch to a new phone and you're moved into the $35/mo plan, VM won't charge you the new rate until your next month start date. So even though I'm now in the new plan I get one last month at the old rate. Just wanted to mention this for anyone who is ready to update. If you're at the end of your month and can wait until your next month starts you'll save $10 on your first month. I know it's only $10 ..........

Quote Originally Posted by tossici View Post
    If you're at the end of your month and can wait until your next month starts you'll save $10 on your first month. I know it's only $10 ..........
    Every little bit helps in this economy. I would upgrade my phone if I could keep the $25 plan, but VM makes little money on phones, so there is no incentive for them to grandfather the plan. I will probably upgrade if they ever update their towers to 4G.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12