My phone is confused! (As am I) Help??

Simply_Dreaming

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
I have a Virgin Mobile LG Optimus V which hasn't been in service since January 21st, 2013 but last night the data started working. And the wifi I'm connected to stopped. I'm at a hotel which has an open wifi connection, but redirects once I open the stock browser to a login page which is where I need to put in my password. I had no problem connecting before, up until last night. Now I just get a "webpage is unavailable" error even when I manually enter the page redirect. And to top it off, my 3G works!! And my phone hasn't even been in service since January as previously mentioned. I'm so confused. Also - I did try other browsers, all give me the "Webpage is unavailable" error too. I've cleared the cache, cookies, even history and tried changing user agent to desktop on Dolphin Mini. I've tried both soft and hard resets, forgetting the network, manually setting it up again with an SSID, going in to airplane mode and even trying to redirect and enter the wifi password over 3G. NOTHING WORKS! I am so frustrated ughh. It worked for like an hour this morning, without me doing anything. I already contacted the internet service provider for the hotel too because my brother's XBox wasn't connecting and neither was my mom's laptop, well they managed to fix the problems on their devices, but still not mine.

Sent from my VM670 using Android Central Forums

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like you have tried everything there is to try. The 3G working after suspension of service is nothing new, there have been plenty of reports in this forum of that.

I'd say just ride out the 3G, and if you can, hit up a McDonalds or some place with Wi-Fi so you can make sure it's the hotel's issue and not your phone's.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781