Help please!!!!!!

AuntB2005

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
HELP!!!

Okay, I followed all these steps and I rebooted and now it is stuck at blue screen that says this:

Fastboot mode started
gpio_12c: invalid khz: 0
bl:i2c write error
udc_start()

I have researched everywhere to solve this and I am stuck...PLEASE HELP!!! OR PLEASE DIRECT ME TO WHERE I NEED TO GO!!!

The steps I followed I copied and pasted below.....

******This is a simplified guide for those new to rooting & flashing a custom ROM on the Optimus V. No need to type complex commands that are hard to follow and prone to mistakes. Basically there are 3 main steps: Root, Install custom recovery, & flash custom ROM.

Windows Drivers for the Optimus V (Optional but suggested):
http://www.lg-phones.org/wp-content/uploads/LG-Optimus-V.zip

Rooting

Rooting is the process of gaining administrative rights to the phone so one can do customizations that aren't normally allowed. Root by itself doesn't do anything cool, unless there's an app that needs it. The fancy stuff comes from custom ROMs. Just remember Virgin Mobile Activation only works on Froyo ROMs, so do it before going to Gingerbread. The easiest way to root nowadays is to use GingerBreak. It can be found here:

[26.04.2011][v1.2] GingerBreak APK (root for GingerBread) - xda-developers

Instruction Steps:

1. Turn on USB Debugging (Settings - Applications - Development)
2. Copy the GingerBreak.apk to a /sdcard dir, then using a 'file manager' app (search for one in Android Market) install it like a regular app.
3. It can take up to 10 minutes, and will reboot automatically when complete (rooted), if attempt fails, reboot manually & run it again.

Install custom recovery image

The recovery image is an alternative bootup instead of normal Android Operating System. It allows low-level operations such as backup/restore a ROM, wipe partitions, and flash ROMs.

4. Download and copy the recovery image VM670NH_recovery.img (works with new & old OV screens) onto your /sdcard.
5. Install the Flash Image GUI app (save the .apk to a /sdcard directory, then open it with file manager). Run the app & select 'Recovery Image' option with the file above.

Flash Custom ROM

[ROM][WIP] BACKside ROM (CM7) + Green Machine Theme

6. Copy the unextracted ROM .zip that you wish to install to the /sdcard dir. Also if installing a CyanogenMod Gingerbread ROM, the unextracted gapps.zip version 20110828, also needs to be placed in the same dir to flash right after the ROM .zip.
7. Boot into Clockworkmod recovery mode (From powered off state, hold vol-down, home, and power button until the LG logo appears).
8. FIRST, BACKUP ORIGINAL ROM! Don't continue until this is successful. Use vol-up/down, camera, & back keys to navigate in recovery.
9. Wipe Data/Factory Reset, wipe cache partition. Under Advanced submenu, wipe dalvik-cache. Then uner Mounts & Storage submenu, format all partitions EXCEPT /sdcard.
10. Install the custom ROM.zip from sdcard and gapps.zip too if going to a CyanogenMod ROM
11. Reboot and enjoy the new ROM, the first boot takes longer than usual, also some problems may disappear after rebooting.[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR]

- - - Updated - - -

And yes I am a noob :)

sudo100011

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
pull your battery, put it back in... hold home+volume down+power until you see the lg logo, and release... this should take you to recovery... try rebooting from there...

AuntB2005

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
pull your battery, put it back in... hold home+volume down+power until you see the lg logo, and release... this should take you to recovery... try rebooting from there...

I just tried that.. it went into recovery..i did system reboot.. and it's still at the blue screen.. fastboot..
still says this :

Fastboot mode started
gpio_i2c: invalid khz: 0
bl: i2c write error
udc_start()

AuntB2005

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
I used this recovery:

Clockworkmod recovery mode (From powered off state, hold vol-down, home, and power button until the LG logo appears).

sudo100011

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
cool, im assuming its from rom manager...

go here:
http://forums.projectopencannibal.n...-1-universal-installer-for-lg-optimus-devices
- download COT Universal Installer.zip via pc to your desktop

go here:
http://forums.androidcentral.com/optimus-v-rooting-roms-hacks/270288-rom-jellybread-sio.html
- download Jellybread-SIO.zip via pc to your desktop
- download Gapps.zip via pc to your desktop

boot to recovery via key combo
-connect ov to pc via usb

on phone in recovery:
- navigate to
partitions>mount/enable usb storage
- move COT install zip to the root of your sd card (not in any folders)

unmount usb storage via pc, then unmount usb storage via recovery

on phone in recovery:
- navigate to
partitions>wipe cache

on phone in recovery:
- navigate to
advanced>wipe dalvik

on phone in recovery:
- navigate to
install zip from sd
- select the Universal Installer zip and flash
- follow the instructions

after rebooted into cot recovery
-navigate to
partitions>partition sd card
(i use 1024/0swap for 2gig sd cards)

after partitioning is complete
- navigate to
power options>reboot recovery

after booted back into recovery
-connect ov to pc via usb
- navigate to
partitions>mount/enable usb storage
- move Jellybread.zip/Gapps.zip to the root of your sd card (not in any folders)

unmount usb storage via pc, then unmount usb storage via recovery

on phone in recovery:
- navigate to
cot settings>disable md5 signature verification

-navigate to
partitions>wipe boot
>wipe cache
>wipe data
>wipe sd-ext
>wipe system
>wipe dalvik

navigate to
zip flashing>choose zip from sd card
- select Jellybread.zip and flash
- select Gapps.zip and flash

boot android
- enjoy

Last edited:

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
+1 except you'll have partition your sdcard to run jellybread. If your not up to that try out MiRaGe rom on AC.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

AuntB2005

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
okay.. stuck again..

i am in recovery and when i try to mount/enable usb storage
it gives me this error"

unable to open ums lunfile (no such file or directory)

sudo100011

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
its not recognizing your sd card... thats all... are you a windows user?... perhaps you need to reinstall the lg drivers on pc?...

could just need to reboot recovery, plug in usb on pc side, plug in usb on phone side, then navigate to/mount usb storage...

(i love linux)... ;-p

thank you wraith, i was hurrying to help before i left for work... good lookin out... ;-)
* fixed

Last edited:

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
If your still on vm670nh recovery mounting usb mass storage is broke. Try out zengarden or my favorite cannibal open touch

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay