Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    13,853 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Default Re: What do yall guys think of virgin mobile getting the gs3

Quote Originally Posted by kingseanrocks View Post
    Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    I think all of the prepaids should have at least one flagship devise for use. While the S3 isn't flagship anymore, it is a step in the right direction.

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu
    Community Guidelines and also here

ROM
    Bean_Whiz-CM10v2.2.2CX

Why would you want to buy an expensive high end phone and then use it on this low end network? I have the best low end phone for this low end network. When they upgrade to 4G LTE then I will by the best low end 4G LTE phone for this low end network.
    badblue1__ likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyOpie150 View Post
    Why would you want to buy an expensive high end phone and then use it on this low end network? I have the best low end phone for this low end network. When they upgrade to 4G LTE then I will by the best low end 4G LTE phone for this low end network.
    Virgin and Boost are Sprint MVNOs and Sprint speeds are back up in many areas.

I think it's a fantastic option to have.

ROM
    Bean_Whiz-CM10v2.2.2CX

It's all about the bandwidth. The more people using a network the more clogged (and thus slow) the bandwidth becomes.
    There are less people on a high end network because of the cost of the data, thus less traffic on the network.
    There are more people on a low end network because of the cost of the data, thus more traffic on the network.

No matter what you do the VM network will always be slow because of the shear amount of people in a given area using it, so why buy an expensive high end phone and use it on a slow network. It would be like buying an expensive high end race car and trying to drive it on the L.A. freeway during rush hour. It will suffer to no end and will never be able to reach it's potential, thus eventually becoming an expensive money pit that constantly needs worked on.

Global Posts
    416 Global Posts
    ROM
    it changes so much

It's all about the bandwidth. The more people using a network the more clogged (and thus slow) the bandwidth becomes.
    There are less people on a high end network because of the cost of the data, thus less traffic on the network.
    There are more people on a low end network because of the cost of the data, thus more traffic on the network.

No matter what you do the VM network will always be slow because of the shear amount of people in a given area using it, so why buy an expensive high end phone and use it on a slow network. It would be like buying an expensive high end race car and trying to drive it on the L.A. freeway during rush hour. It will suffer to no end and will never be able to reach it's potential, thus eventually becoming an expensive money pit that constantly needs worked on.
    I can see your reasoning but not everything on a phone or tablet is data dependant. I play cod zombies all the time. Maybe people want to take great pics of the monster fish they just caught while using an offline GPS app. Maybe they have super fast WiFi at home. If your reasoning was correct no one would have ever bought a tablet that's not 3g or 4g enabled

** these are just words **
    beamed from the mothership...
    but its only a proxy for my
    lubuntu 12.04

There is no VM network.

VM=Sprint so your argument, while correct about how bandwidth functions, doesn't actually work out that way.

People on Virgin are going to clog the Sprint network either way. It's not like you can't be a data hog with a cheap phone.

Even if VM got the S3 it would probably be like in 2014 kinda like how we just got the s2

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2