Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How to recover from SD card??

I bricked my phone, but I am able to get to the power on menu to select reboot, recover,sd, etc. I have no files in my phone. Whenever I go to recovery or reboot, no files found.

I would like to recovery (factory reset or anything) from my sd card, but I am confused as to which files to put on the SD card. So many posts.

I put some files on the SD card using my IMAC through a SD card holder, but still unable to recover. Do I need to use a windows pc?

I am somewhat of a novice, so step by step would be great or better yet a video.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Global Posts
    24,868 Global Posts
    ROM
    SlimKat

Default Re: How to recover from SD card??

Quote Originally Posted by RockyLane View Post
    I bricked my phone, but I am able to get to the power on menu to select reboot, recover,sd, etc. I have no files in my phone. Whenever I go to recovery or reboot, no files found.

I would like to recovery (factory reset or anything) from my sd card, but I am confused as to which files to put on the SD card. So many posts.

I put some files on the SD card using my IMAC through a SD card holder, but still unable to recover. Do I need to use a windows pc?

I am somewhat of a novice, so step by step would be great or better yet a video.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
    You can try to find a stock ROM file to get you back and running, and try installing that from your SD card. Just to clarify, you put files on your card and your device can't read them? If that is the case, you can try a different SD card, but if it can't read the other one, then you do have a brick.

What could not be changed, must be endured - New Spring, by Robert Jordan
    Community Guidelines and also here, Developer Rules, and Marketplace
    Mobile Nations Sister Forums: iMore/Connectedly/Windows Central/Crackberry
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Can't open /sdcard/update.zip
    No such file or directory
    Installation aborted.

Thanks for the reply.

ROM
    Bean_Whiz-CM10v2.2.2CX

If you have the stock recovery and the phone was never rooted, then once in the recovery select the:
    wipe data/factory reset option.

You can also try the ZV9 security update from Virgin Mobile. Put the zip on the root of the sd card (not in any folder). Then go to the stock recovery and select the update option.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

OK! In my experiences, you can insert this SD card on a computer and see whether your files could be restored there with the help of some data recovery software like 4Card Recovery, iCare Data Recovery, Recuva and PhotoRec, etc.
    Or consult some phone experts to see whether they can give you some efficient suggestions.