I factory reset

yondero

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
I factory reset from the settings menu my phone
Im stocked in a loop to the recovery menu
I have been looking for info on how to fix if, and so far I have found little and it wont help me.
Would someone please point me in the right direction
I have tried many things.
vm670.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I have been looking for info on how to fix if, and so far I have found little and it wont help me.
vm670.

I don't know how, but you can reboot into recovery and do a cache wipe. That often fixes a boot loop.

upconvert

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
vm670.

You can go over to the root ROMs and hacks forum. There is a sticky called "unbrick" that will help you.

Sent from my GT-P7310 using AC Forums mobile app

yondero

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
You can go over to the root ROMs and hacks forum. There is a sticky called "unbrick" that will help you.

Sent from my GT-P7310 using AC Forums mobile app

I'll check it again but I think I tried that already and I have to connect the phone to the computer in recovery mode and at a point the software restart the phone and the phone restart quick into the loop.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Locool676

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
I'll check it again but I think I tried that already and I have to connect the phone to the computer in recovery mode and at a point the software restart the phone and the phone restart quick into the loop.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Don't tell us you think you tried something.

Follow THIS GUIDE RIGHT HERE
to a T and read this gent's fix as well
Here's what appeared to fix it. Quite by mistake, I forgot to reinsert the battery after a "test" of some sort (I had only tried a zillion things over the past hours). I then plugged the USB cable into the phone (cable connected to my computer, of course), and it went right to the old "Emergency Mode" screen. I got busy (doing REAL work...lol...) and after 5-10 minutes noticed that the phone display had changed -- it now had a big battery graphic with bold print "BATTERY REQUIRED" at the bottom. I thought "what??", but then looked and saw the battery on my desk. So I unhooked the cable (which obviously powered off the phone -- no power source now), inserted the battery, put the cover back on, and then just pressed the Power button -AND- reconnected the cable (the order of those 2 things I'm not sure about -- I *think* I pressed power first, but can't swear to it). THE PHONE WENT TO IHO RECOVERY!!!!! WooHoo! I knew I could surely get it from this point.

So I then put the Xionia recovery (Xionia_CWMA_12518.6_VM_Recovery-signed.zip -- just google for that filename and find a working download site) in the root folder of my microSD card, inserted the card, and did "install zip from sdcard" (and selected that file). I had originally tried ".4" version for VM phones, but it would not install ("Installation aborted"). This file installed perfectly, and after rebooting I now had new Xionia recovery. I went under Advanced on the menu, and executed the "Fix Recovery Bootloop" option (I think that was the name). It ran, I rebooted, and VOILA -- MY PHONE IS ALIVE!!

Hope that helps someone else who runs into the same thing. It really appears that connecting via USB with NO BATTERY INSTALLED was the key to getting out of Emergency Mode.

Cheers!
Kevin

yondero

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
I have tried it and I get stocked at 50% when My phone is restarted by the software and it boots to recovery and i get an error messege.