Unrooting phone - KDZ updater frozen on PC

stevemckell

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
Beginning yesterday morning I had no working connection with my phone (no cell coverage, no data, wifi wouldn't connect) and this came after 4-5 days of signal dropping in and out sporatically. I tried a few fixes (airport mode, factory reset in CWD recovery) but nothing has worked. I'm now trying to unroot my phone to do a factory reset with the stock firmware.

I was following the instructions here http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg...s/52145-how-unbrick-your-phone-using-kdz.html

I am able to install msxml fine. I install the LG drivers on the PC I'm using and run the KDZ installer using 3GQCT as the type, DIAG as the PhoneMode and the kdz5 file. When I click launch software update, I see the log saying Launching SW update then Unpacking KDZ, but then the program freezes. There is no change on my plugged in phone (in recovery mode.) The only change I can see is a filing cabinet icon appears for a minute or so on the desktop and then disappears. I have tried running the updater on two different computers and waiting between 5 and 30 minutes, but I've had no luck.

Is there something I'm doing wrong?

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
What baseband is your phone? If it's a ZV4 baseband you would be better using the KP500 utility. I just unbricked my ZV4 using it. I still have an unlocked bootloader (You won't after the ZV9 update).
If you need help and the VM670ZV4.cab, let me know. I just wrote a text document that spells everything out Including how to fix some common and not to common problems.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using AC Forums mobile app