Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Unrooting phone - KDZ updater frozen on PC

Beginning yesterday morning I had no working connection with my phone (no cell coverage, no data, wifi wouldn't connect) and this came after 4-5 days of signal dropping in and out sporatically. I tried a few fixes (airport mode, factory reset in CWD recovery) but nothing has worked. I'm now trying to unroot my phone to do a factory reset with the stock firmware.

I was following the instructions here [HOW-TO] Unbrick your phone using KDZ

I am able to install msxml fine. I install the LG drivers on the PC I'm using and run the KDZ installer using 3GQCT as the type, DIAG as the PhoneMode and the kdz5 file. When I click launch software update, I see the log saying Launching SW update then Unpacking KDZ, but then the program freezes. There is no change on my plugged in phone (in recovery mode.) The only change I can see is a filing cabinet icon appears for a minute or so on the desktop and then disappears. I have tried running the updater on two different computers and waiting between 5 and 30 minutes, but I've had no luck.

Is there something I'm doing wrong?

ROM
    CyanMobile X CWMT 5.0.2.7

Default Re: Unrooting phone - KDZ updater frozen on PC

You could always try this to revert back to stockhttp://androidforums.com/optimus-v-a...step-step.html

Please read carefully.,make sure you understand each step before attempting this, if you don't understand something, ask questions.
    Failing to prepare, is like preparing to fail!

ROM
    Bean_Whiz-CM10v2.2.2CX

Default Re: Unrooting phone - KDZ updater frozen on PC

What baseband is your phone? If it's a ZV4 baseband you would be better using the KP500 utility. I just unbricked my ZV4 using it. I still have an unlocked bootloader (You won't after the ZV9 update).
    If you need help and the VM670ZV4.cab, let me know. I just wrote a text document that spells everything out Including how to fix some common and not to common problems.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using AC Forums mobile app
    Thanked by: