Always Low On Disk Space

jabailo

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I've reduced the number of apps I use down to the bare minimum yet I am always low on disk space if I add even a single new app.

I realize that this phone has very limited Internal Storage, but here's what puzzles me.

I tried to install the Facebook app. It's listed at 25M. As soon as it installed I selected Move to SD card. My SD card only has two items on it.

Even when I moved Facebook to the SD card it still kept saying Low on Disk...and it ran very slowly, so I uninstalled Facebook.

The other issue is that there are very few of the apps that I can move to the SD and there are apps that I don' want (or even understand) like Poynt that I can't seem to remove.

Any solutions? I really don't want to buy a new phone because there are many configurations like getting my work email that I don't want to have to repeat!

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Root, install a custorm recovery, flash the MiRaGe ROM (Gingerbread), use Link2SD.
I'm using another good ROM, the Bean-Whiz (Jellybean). With Link2SD I have 82 downloaded and installed apps. I have 78.82MBs of free space still left.
The MiRaGe is the best for our V and you should get about 20MB more free space left using it.
The SlimROM/Bean-Whiz is the second best.

bjzapp

Where did u hear tht word
Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
Root, install a custorm recovery, flash the MiRaGe ROM (Gingerbread), use Link2SD.
I'm using another good ROM, the Bean-Whiz (Jellybean). With Link2SD I have 82 downloaded and installed apps. I have 78.82MBs of free space still left.
The MiRaGe is the best for our V and you should get about 20MB more free space left using it.
The SlimROM/Bean-Whiz is the second best.

Highly doubt he is aware how to do this....
@jabailo:
you will need to dedicate a good part of the day to read through the stickies and so forth on how to do this properly as far as setting up(root?) a recovery, backup, ROM, and re-install....
not to mention backup onto a PC if you have that capability.
Cheers! ;)

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon