|WIP|ROM|GB|2.3.8||ZVD|Official| CM7 Fused CyanMobile Optimus Xperience

badblue1__

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
The stock browser wouldn't allow posting for me (logged in) . I really need to find someone to transfer data to a bigger sdcard (i have no pc), almost all the roms these days need the sd card partitioned, although this rom was working pretty good with original sd card. Probably would work better with the Fly-On mod keeping ram up, but fast reboot took care of the ram. I think I'll try this rom again this weekend. I would like to find a browser like the stock one, i did try Opera mini didn't really like it, i'm just so use to using the stock one i guess.

Thanks for the update daffy_duck_NJ.;)

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
The stock browser wouldn't allow posting for me (logged in) . I really need to find someone to transfer data to a bigger sdcard (i have no pc), almost all the roms these days need the sd card partitioned, although this rom was working pretty good with original sd card. Probably would work better with the Fly-On mod keeping ram up, but fast reboot took care of the ram. I think I'll try this rom again this weekend. I would like to find a browser like the stock one, i did try Opera mini didn't really like it, i'm just so use to using the stock one i guess.

Thanks for the update daffy_duck_NJ.;)

You're welcome. I still use the stock browser for some sites. It's not a good idea to go to sites that require encryption (like accessing your bank account) using Opera Mini or other browsers that use server based data compression. That's because the input you type (like username and password) may not be encrypted. Opera states this in their FAQ's for their mobile browsers.

Skinbark's CWM recovery doesn't seem to partition the SD card as far as I can tell. It does format partitions, but only existing ones (fat32, ext4). Once, I tried to format the fat32 partition by itself, and it completely took out the ext4 one! I ended up putting it on my Laptop in Debian Linux, and formatted the card using Gparted. I think Xionia's outdated by now, so you need a CWM type recovery that can do that for you. I might have to look it up, but I think Zengarden can partition for you without using a PC. Guess I might have to look for a different recovery too, as much as I can reformat using a PC.

EDIT: will install Zengarden's recovery ASAP + recovery boot loop option. I've read a bit about the soft buttons replacing the hard keys, so I can see why some S/V users might want it. At least I can shrink them so they don't take up too much space. If the dev can redo StatusBar a little, I'd appreciate it. There is an option to remove the soft buttons, but it doesn't fully work. Other than that, I still think this is a great ROM.

Last edited:

pdrift

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
I thought I might of stumbled on an old thread here but I checked the date and yeah it's today.. I didn't know anyone was still doing OV stuff. I love that phone and although I'm on a Nexus 5 now I still have my OV (several actually) I can't bring myself to let it go. It still runs mirage cm7,I use it from time to time as a baby cam with the IPcam app. I guess I'm going to try this ROM out and see what all the fuss is about lol.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

badblue1__

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
You're welcome. I still use the stock browser for some sites. It's not a good idea to go to sites that require encryption (like accessing your bank account) using Opera Mini or other browsers that use server based data compression. That's because the input you type (like username and password) may not be encrypted. Opera states this in their FAQ's for their mobile browsers.

Skinbark's CWM recovery doesn't seem to partition the SD card as far as I can tell. It does format partitions, but only existing ones (fat32, ext4). Once, I tried to format the fat32 partition by itself, and it completely took out the ext4 one! I ended up putting it on my Laptop in Debian Linux, and formatted the card using Gparted. I think Xionia's outdated by now, so you need a CWM type recovery that can do that for you. I might have to look it up, but I think Zengarden can partition for you without using a PC. Guess I might have to look for a different recovery too, as much as I can reformat using a PC.

I know i can partition without a computer, what i need is a bigger sdcard and a computer to transfer the files from old sdcard to new, bigger sdcard.

badblue1__

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
I thought I might of stumbled on an old thread here but I checked the date and yeah it's today.. I didn't know anyone was still doing OV stuff. I love that phone and although I'm on a Nexus 5 now I still have my OV (several actually) I can't bring myself to let it go. It still runs mirage cm7,I use it from time to time as a baby cam with the IPcam app. I guess I'm going to try this ROM out and see what all the fuss is about lol.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Actually, we are still waiting for the dev of this rom to finish it and post new download instructions, but we have been testing it out until then. You should check out the new kit-kat rom, still under development in the rooting, roms and hacks section.

Or check this out http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg-optimus-s-rooting-roms-hacks/318457-rom-mod-theme-bean_whiz-cm10.html this is a slimmed down jellybean rom with a Touchwiz launcher and theme, very cool rom and stable. It's for the optimus s but there's a patch for the optimus v.

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
badblue1:
I reposted obijohns wiper zip in the All Things Root Guide sticky. It wipes android secure, as well as the normal wipes.
I usually wipe everything (including dalvik cache), format everything but the SD card, then flash obijohn's wiper zip just before flashing ROM and Gapps.
The ZenGarden recovery can make a partition, and format to ext.3 like all the others, but it also has an option to change the format to ext.4.
The Touchscreen ClockworkMod recovery worked fine for me when I tried this ROM.
If you want, try the other recovery listed in skinbarks mediafire account. It works much better. I use it to flash the Internal version of bigsupersquids KitKat ROM.

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
Problem with stock Messaging app

Yes, this could be a bug. I was trying to answer some texts yesterday, and noticed that each one had to be downloaded. The downloads didn't work. It baffled me to have to d/l a text, so I went to the Play Store to find a different app. I settled on GO SMS Pro. I was able to recover the texts from GO, read them properly, and finally text the people that sent them. A few texts did have actual photos attached.

If anyone else with this ROM could recreate the problem to confirm that this isn't isolated, I'd appreciate it.

badblue1__

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
badblue1:
I reposted obijohns wiper zip in the All Things Root Guide sticky. It wipes android secure, as well as the normal wipes.
I usually wipe everything (including dalvik cache), format everything but the SD card, then flash obijohn's wiper zip just before flashing ROM and Gapps.
The ZenGarden recovery can make a partition, and format to ext.3 like all the others, but it also has an option to change the format to ext.4.
The Touchscreen ClockworkMod recovery worked fine for me when I tried this ROM.
If you want, try the other recovery listed in skinbarks mediafire account. It works much better. I use it to flash the Internal version of bigsupersquids KitKat ROM.

Thanks andy, that is how i wipe and format, but i will add obijohns wiper. I used cwm touch recovery last time i flashed this and it worked fine after unmounting cache before wiping.
I found this last night CyanMobile help, requests, and general info - xda-developers this is for the HTC EVO but it has all the exact same settings as this rom. My point being that it has a native apps to sd-ext built in you just have to set it up before installing your apps and the apps that come with the rom can be set manually after setup.
there is a built in a2sd but needs to be setup. 1. Settings-- development -- check mount SD on boot and enable download on SD.

2. Reboot

3. Settings -- applications -- preferred install location -- sdext

4. Settings -- cyanmobile settings -- check allow application moving

5. Select install location and choose sd-ext

6. Now reboot

From now on all apps will automatically be on sdext.

You can go into settings -- application -- manage applications If everything was done correctly then you will have an option to move to sdcard and move to sd-ext/phone.
Now, my problem is i never partitioned a SD card.
Questions : I know you said that i could partition and format using zengarden recovery, but if i do that won't it wipe my SD card.
Will i have to back the SD card up?
Would it be worth doing only a 2 gb card? If so, how would i set it up?
Really sorry for all the questions, but i searched and there really is no guide that i could find on doing it without a PC.
Also, what happens when i go to restore a backup of a MiRaGe rom?

I would greatly appreciate if you could shed some light on this, again sorry for all the questions!

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
Thanks andy, that is how i wipe and format, but i will add obijohns wiper. I used cwm touch recovery last time i flashed this and it worked fine after unmounting cache before wiping.
I found this last night CyanMobile help, requests, and general info - xda-developers this is for the HTC EVO but it has all the exact same settings as this rom. My point being that it has a native apps to sd-ext built in you just have to set it up before installing your apps and the apps that come with the rom can be set manually after setup.
there is a built in a2sd but needs to be setup. 1. Settings-- development -- check mount SD on boot and enable download on SD.

2. Reboot

3. Settings -- applications -- preferred install location -- sdext

4. Settings -- cyanmobile settings -- check allow application moving

5. Select install location and choose sd-ext

6. Now reboot

From now on all apps will automatically be on sdext.

You can go into settings -- application -- manage applications If everything was done correctly then you will have an option to move to sdcard and move to sd-ext/phone.
Now, my problem is i never partitioned a SD card.
Questions : I know you said that i could partition and format using zengarden recovery, but if i do that won't it wipe my SD card.
Will i have to back the SD card up?
Would it be worth doing only a 2 gb card? If so, how would i set it up?
Really sorry for all the questions, but i searched and there really is no guide that i could find on doing it without a PC.
Also, what happens when i go to restore a backup of a MiRaGe rom?

I would greatly appreciate if you could shed some light on this, again sorry for all the questions!

Thanks for finding that guide to CyanMobile on xda. I'll have to spend some time on that one.

I tried using the a2sd setup of CyanMobile, but it left me with about 20-25 MB of internal storage. That's after installing around 30 apps. Started over with Mounts2SD, but that gave me force closes, so I started over a second time and used Link2SD. I now have around 100-110 MB of internal storage after putting in about 35 apps (could be a bit more with Toucan's scripts). Guess I don't agree with using a2sd; it probably leaves something in internal storage, like the library files. It's also easier to see what apps are linked or not with Link2SD through its lists. With a2sd, you'd have to check every app separately, and make sure that the 'Move to SD' and Move to phone' options are both lit up. The xda guide seems helpful for everything else, though.

Edit: re-read xda thread, and dev says a2sd moves only the apk's. That explains the internal storage issue I had. Having dalvik and app libs linked to ext4 doesn't affect overall performance for me. Maybe a slight increase in loading time for some big apps, but not much thanks to the fly on mods.

Last edited:

badblue1__

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for finding that guide to CyanMobile on xda. I'll have to spend some time on that one.

I tried using the a2sd setup of CyanMobile, but it left me with about 20-25 MB of internal storage. That's after installing around 30 apps. Started over with Mounts2SD, but that gave me force closes, so I started over a second time and used Link2SD. I now have around 100-110 MB of internal storage after putting in about 35 apps (could be a bit more with Toucan's scripts). Guess I don't agree with using a2sd; it probably leaves something in internal storage, like the library files. It's also easier to see what apps are linked or not with Link2SD through its lists. With a2sd, you'd have to check every app separately, and make sure that the 'Move to SD' and Move to phone' options are both lit up. The xda guide seems helpful for everything else, though.

Edit: re-read xda thread, and dev says a2sd moves only the apk's. That explains the internal storage issue I had. Having dalvik and app libs linked to ext4 doesn't affect overall performance for me. Maybe a slight increase in loading time for some big apps, but not much thanks to the fly on mods.

This rom could very well be set up different, i wish we would here from the dev, but on xda it said not to use any other type of a2sd type programs or any different scripts or tweaks, but the internals of that rom could be set up totally different or work different for the HTC EVO. Hey, it's working good for you.

badblue1__

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
Well, that's it, i'm done with this rom :-( sad to say cause it looks like i could've had a lot of fun with it. I'm done at least until we get the dev back!!!

I wiped 3x in cwm touch, then used obijohns wiper zip, formatted everything but sd card, installed .zip file, wouldn't boot up.

Started over, this time without obijohns wiper, it booted up after 10 minutes. I put it down, let it sit couple minutes, rebooted and flashed gapps, rebooted, held my breath, it boots up, i let it sit for 10 minutes. Went to the market, signed in, downloaded titanium backup, noticed market didn't update to playstore, no big deal, i reboot again, let it sit, figured i would charge it up, plug in charger, grab something to eat, while eating i hear the boot sound coming from my phone, unplug it, it's stuck in a bootloop again, but this time i had put the zengarden.zip on my sd card. I installed zengarden went to advanced, get out of bootloop but no, wouldn't work, pulled the battery went back into zengarden and tried fixing permissions said permission fixed, reboot phone, still stuck in bootloop!, before i throw it out the window, put backup of old faithful MiRaGe rom back on my phone.

Don't know why i keep having bootloops, so i started reading threw the rom i found on xda similar to this one and (at least on that rom) it doesn't play nice with titanium backup and that it is designed to run without gapps (Google). There were also many bugs in the rom, but the dev on xda seems to have gotten it all straightened out.

So anyway, I'm glad some of you are able to run this rom, as for me, i think i'll wait for the dev cause if i try this one more time and it bootloops, it's goin out the window!!! And i bet if i went out and found it, it would still be in a "BOOTLOOP" ;-)

EDIT : @daffy duck nj ... i also read in the rom on xda, that they were also having problems with messages, also solved with using go SMS pro at least as far as i read.

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
OUCH!!! Sorry to see that you've had a lot of problems with this ROM, badblue.

As far as my use, I had to uninstall the fly on mods. Using them allowed WiFi to connect, but for some reason, I couldn't surf the web, or update anything through WiFi. So off it went. As it is, I cranked the SD read ahead setting to the highest. That seems to help with app loading... finally noticed after a few uses that the fly on mods really didn't make much difference. The best way to speed up things is to simply overclock the CPU as much as possible. I have it up to 806 right now (480 at low end), and battery life is still decent. No serious force closes, freezes or random reboots. (This ROM has a similar kernel to Mirage's, so that makes sense.)

As always, if you don't need WiFi or 3G for extended periods, turning them off does help with longer battery life. For me, even if I leave them on, I have about 35-40% battery at the end of a day of moderate use (about 15-16 hours). Not bad, considering that I still haven't had to replace the battery since I bought my V in June, 2011! That's actually better than my newer Kyocera Event's battery! (I got a pocket size, rechargeable, portable 2000 mA battery unit a month ago that attaches to my phone. I use it when I can't get to an outlet to recharge, mostly on weekends.)

badblue1__

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
I know i said that i gave up on this but it was buggin the heck out of me, so i gave it one more try and man i'm glad i did! I flashed this after work on Friday, it keeps running better as time goes on. This time i installed everything fresh from the playstore, good thing i don't run alot of apps! But yea, it seems (at least for me) that titanium backup doesn't play nice with this rom. I put earthandfire's entropy. zip on here and it runs much smoother, plus the 3g fix, she's runnin nice. Overclocked at 480min. and 768max. = no force closing or rebooting (knock on wood) .I am really glad i gave this another shot!Nice work duffeild!!! Definitely my DD. :)

EDIT : Switched over to sellers86 build of CyanMobile X, had too many problems with this, now i'm Happy! Happy! Happy!

I will try this again with dev support. ;)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
educationalco22