|WIP|ROM|GB|2.3.8||ZVD|Official| CM7 Fused CyanMobile Optimus Xperience

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Not sure what to tell you badblue when I tried it I didn't have to jump through any hoops I just wiped and flashed. I used cot 2.1 recovery

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

badblue1__

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
Not sure what to tell you badblue when I tried it I didn't have to jump through any hoops I just wiped and flashed. I used cot 2.1 recovery

Thanks, i don't know if you noticed, but in the OP he took the links down and added new installation instructions, i guess with new links to come, just have to wait and try with new links.
Thanks though, i was going to try cot next.

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
I think what is happening to those who can't get it to boot is the download is getting corrupted.
Until the dev provides an md5 sum y'all wouldn't attempt to flash it.

Posted via Android Central App

badblue1__

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
I think what is happening to those who can't get it to boot is the download is getting corrupted.
Until the dev provides an md5 sum y'all wouldn't attempt to flash it.

Posted via Android Central App

If everyone would look at the bottom of the first post, the dev took the links down, there will be new download links and installation instructions to come.

badblue1__

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
Its been a month.. Are u still working ob this ? and can somebody post a mirror of the first

I had the zip on my sdcard but deleted it. I wish i would have kept it cause I've been dyin to try this rom, i couldn't get it to boot with 2 different recoveries. I wanted to see if it would boot with cot recovery, wish i would've saved the zip file.

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
Its been a month.. Are u still working ob this ? and can somebody post a mirror of the first

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1uNTznhA9ticmFXamtvLXU3aW8/edit?usp=sharing

Hosted from my Google Drive account. This is a link to the 'FINAL' version. Be warned, it may take at least 10 minutes to fully boot the first time. duffieldj1, WHERE ARE YOU? Still working on this, or what?

I'll keep it up for a while, a month at least, or when the dev says he's working on it... whichever comes first! ;)

badblue1__

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1uNTznhA9ticmFXamtvLXU3aW8/edit?usp=sharing

Hosted from my Google Drive account. This is a link to the 'FINAL' version. Be warned, it may take at least 10 minutes to fully boot the first time. duffieldj1, WHERE ARE YOU? Still working on this, or what?

I'll keep it up for a while, a month at least, or when the dev says he's working on it... whichever comes first! ;)

Thanks for the link, but i'll have to wait until i'm at a place with wifi. My 3g is so slow right now the file will probably get corrupted.

Did you ever get this to boot up? I tried with cwmt 5.0.2.7 and zengarden and Bob zhome's recovery, i was going to try cot as the wraith suggested.

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the link, but i'll have to wait until i'm at a place with wifi. My 3g is so slow right now the file will probably get corrupted.

Did you ever get this to boot up? I tried with cwmt 5.0.2.7 and zengarden and Bob zhome's recovery, i was going to try cot as the wraith suggested.

No. Never got this to boot up... didn't have the patience, so I went back to messing with KitKat at the time. This is the same version that Andy used when he tried this ROM, and he had some good comments about it. Based on what he said, I still think Mirage has the best ROM for GB on the V.

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
This rom has a lot more features than just cm7. It's hard to believe it's actually still gb based. The rom devs for this have done so much to make this more like jb right down to tileview quick settings. It's what I have running on my Optimus right now

badblue1__

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
Re: |FINAL|ROM|GB|2.3.8|STABLE|ZVD| CyanMobile Optimus eXperience Update 2/23/14 Downloads Available

BUG! HUGE FREAKING BUG!

Incoming call screen won't show up correctly! Doesn't give me the ability to ANSWER THE CALL without pressing Menu. The image shows up in the top 40% of screen only, and regardless of incoming call style, there are NO slide-to-answer buttons being displayed!

What am I doing wrong?!

@ the wraith or andy ... did you have phone service when running this rom?

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
1. I'll try this ROM again. Will link portions with Mounts2SD, which has worked well for me while tinkering with KitKat.

2. Don't mean to be a nag, but this thread belongs in the rooted section, doesn't it?

3. Good to know that the phone works. Backing out using the menu button shouldn't be a huge deal. With some newer phones, the only hard buttons left are the power button and volume rocker (i.e., my Kyocera Event)!

badblue1__

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
Success, got it to boot up,had to unmount cache before each wipe like andy said. Phone works fine, not much space left on system, been deleting unwanted or unneeded stuff, right now 18 MB left on system but 150 on internal. I'll keep you updated. Oh, it took only 3 minutes to boot up!I still want to try the Fly-On mod with this.EDIT : Went into cyanogenmod settings > call > enable answer call from ui and was able to answer phone normally by swiping, and end the call by tapping end.This is really a cool rom, i'll like it better I'm sure once i figure out what all the settings do!

Last edited:

badblue1__

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
Well, it was fun while it lasted, (i knew i should have backed the rom up before playin with it.)
I don't know what happened, i was gettin it all setup the way i wanted, then i went to reboot it and it got stuck in a bootloop. I installed the xonia.zip rebooted recovery, in xonia i clicked on the fix bootloop option, but it still stuck on the boot screen? So for now i'm back to MiRaGe for now. Don't know if i should try again or wait for the dev to get this rom straightened out. It is a cool rom tho. ;-)

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
Well, it was fun while it lasted, (i knew i should have backed the rom up before playin with it.)
I don't know what happened, i was gettin it all setup the way i wanted, then i went to reboot it and it got stuck in a bootloop. I installed the xonia.zip rebooted recovery, in xonia i clicked on the fix bootloop option, but it still stuck on the boot screen? So for now i'm back to MiRaGe for now. Don't know if i should try again or wait for the dev to get this rom straightened out. It is a cool rom tho. ;-)

I'm sticking with it for now. I flashed this with skinbark's CWM based recovery. I like how it borrows a lot of features from the JB ROMs, some of which help with battery, and memory usage. I swapped service from my daily driver (a Kyocera Event), so I could check the phone. It was weird at first to have to use the menu (answer) and back button (hang up) as part of the phone app. I haven't had it bootloop on me at all.

Whenever I flash a new ROM (or start over), I don't use the factory reset option to do the wipe, as that misses a few directories. I always wipe the /system, /cache, /data, /sd-ext, /boot and /dalvik-vm (dalvik cache) directories separately. I manually delete the ./android_secure directory (along with a few others) when I insert the MicroSD card through an adapter on my laptop PC. <-- I do that before inserting the SD card back on the phone while it's switched off, then boot into recovery to do the rest. The only folders I leave on before flashing a ROM are /download (to access the ROM zip, gapps zip + any tweak zips), /clockworkmod (nandroid zips), and /TitaniumBackup (user apps).

I haven't flashed the fly on mods yet. Might do that once my PC's done transferring a large library of MP4 videos, MP3's and FLAC's onto the SD card (in about 35 minutes)

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
Quick Update:

Works well with the fly on mods! :D The stock browser runs faster with it. I use Opera Mini for extended browsing in 3G. I was thinking of using Toucan's zips for moving parts of /system and /data, but decided against it. (His zips are great if you're into running a lot of apps. I run about 30-35 max.) I now link using Link2SD, instead of Mounts2SD. M2SD proved too messy for me for some reason, and force closed some apps unnecessarily. I did try Terminal IDE once, but that thing takes up a lot of internal space, even if the main app is linked to the ext4 partition. That's because the library files it needs to run take up approximately 90 MB; those need to be within the internal storage, not linked. Otherwise it might fail, though Toucan's scripts could fix that. I don't mind not having it anyway.

For me, the only thing I'm missing is my Kyocera Event's LED flash. Not a big deal. The V has autofocus and a slightly better camera, despite being a few years older than the Event. The Compass is awesome once it's properly calibrated! I'm still not too keen on the virtual capacitive keys at the bottom. Gets in the way slightly when texting. Any way I can get rid of those without changing launchers? Other than that, I'm loving my V again! :)

Running @ 480-729 MHz, Interactive, SIO. Barely heats up. Sure, Mirage is stable, but if you crave JB like features on top of that, this ROM is not too shabby.

Come on jduff, come back from the dead quick! ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12