Optimus v stuck in boot animation.

Lions2

May 25, 2014
Visit site
I flashed a rom for the ov. On it's first boot, everything is fine. But when I reboot the phone, it goes to the lg logo and gets stuck on the pacman image. (this was a pacman rom) please help!

Posted via Android Central App

Kelly Burby

Banned
Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
I flashed a rom for the ov. On it's first boot, everything is fine. But when I reboot the phone, it goes to the lg logo and gets stuck on the pacman image. (this was a pacman rom) please help!

Well, you need to flash the firmware again over to your device ! Try heading over to the thread located at the forum "http://technologygeeks.freeforums.net/thread/17/flash-stock-over-optimus-devices" I am sure it may help you out.

Lions2

May 25, 2014
Visit site
So all I do is flash this stock firmware on my ov and re-flash the rom? (If it helps, this was thekraven's cm10.2 pacman jellybean 4.3 rom)

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
So all I do is flash this stock firmware on my ov and re-flash the rom? (If it helps, this was thekraven's cm10.2 pacman jellybean 4.3 rom)

Yes, but you need to do a complete wipe first. These directories should be wiped: /boot, /system, /dalvik, /data, and /sd-ext. The suggestion on that link is good, but in most cases, you shouldn't have to reflash firmware. I've had my V since June, 2011, and have never had to flash any firmware. My phone is still on the ZV4 radio.

Reflashing the ROM only should be OK. The only firmware that needs to be reflashed IIRC is the radio, but only if you're having problems with 3g.

Lions2

May 25, 2014
Visit site
No luck. I flashed the firmware, then flashed the pac rom again. When I booted my phone after I flashed the rom, it went to the lg logo, then pacman roms, then game over, then insert coin. After the boot it took me to the home screen. Then I turned it off and back on. It went to the lg logo, but when it went to pacman roms, it just stays there like it did the first time. The only way for it to actually boot up, is to factory reset in clockworkmod and then reboot. Any help??

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol