- 1 Posts
Trying to un-root and remove Cyanogen back to factory default
I am sure this was asked somewhere but searches keep sending me all over the place and most topics involve other hacking, rooting and custom roms etc.
I want to give the phone to a friend for his son. He paid and activated the EIN and it will get data but it plays recording "Unable to authenticate the account" if you try to make a call. The sales person at the store says it won't activate as long as it is rooted and has the Cyanogen mod. They tried....just won't verify.
How can I just turn this back to the factory original status? Same dumb phone I bought in the first place...just so it works again on VM's system.
I tried some of the other tricks but they don't seem to change anything at all...it just reboots back to the same mod and no phone service.
Any simple directions or even a link to a post that has such directions is much appreciated.
- 06-06-2014, 03:00 PM #2
- 06-06-2014, 03:21 PM #3
- 382 Posts
- MiRaGe *PurePerformance*
Re: Trying to un-root and remove Cyanogen back to factory default
Or you could flash a froyo rom, they all have the activation app!!!
I hate to jump forums, but everything you need can be found here .....
- By Xilerentil in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1Replies: 7Last Post: 06-07-2014, 01:49 PM
- By Magellan in forum Google Nexus 5Replies: 4Last Post: 06-07-2014, 01:24 PM
- By Jeff Harris in forum HTC One M8Replies: 2Last Post: 06-06-2014, 04:20 PM
- By jedah in forum Moto X (2013)Replies: 1Last Post: 06-06-2014, 02:05 PM
- By Richard Buettner in forum AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 0Last Post: 06-06-2014, 12:47 PM