Any hope for bricked VM670?

jmiked

Jan 12, 2012
Visit site
I have an Optimus V (VM670) that I'd like to revive to use as a media player. At the moment, it's pretty much bricked. I haven't used it in several years, and I don't remember what I was doing to it when it got bricked (it was after I had gotten a newer phone). At the moment, it boots into a screen with the header "CWM-based Recovery v4.0.1.5" with a menu under it. If I had a backup/restore file on an SDcard, it's long gone.

Is there any hope of getting this thing back to the stock VM system? Thanks.

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
I have an Optimus V (VM670) that I'd like to revive to use as a media player. At the moment, it's pretty much bricked. I haven't used it in several years, and I don't remember what I was doing to it when it got bricked (it was after I had gotten a newer phone). At the moment, it boots into a screen with the header "CWM-based Recovery v4.0.1.5" with a menu under it. If I had a backup/restore file on an SDcard, it's long gone.

Is there any hope of getting this thing back to the stock VM system? Thanks.
You can make it stock if the files are still to be found. But if you're making it a media player, MiRaGe is the best thing.
It's just in recovery mode which should make it easy to fix. Put the ROM file on the sdcard and then flash it in recovery. The recovery you already have installed should work ok.
general instructions, you already have custom recovery so you can skip that part and the initial rooting instructions.

jmiked

Jan 12, 2012
Visit site
I appreciate the info but it looks like someone will have to tell me exactly which files to install and which order to do it in. I'm far from being a newbie to the computer world (I started programming in 1983), but this while Android thing is an unknown to me.

I tried to install the latest builds of MiRaGe kernel and the MiRaGe 07132013 build, and they both said successfully installed, but it still keeps booting to the recovery screen. I tried reversing the order, with the same results. I know I'm missing something, but I'm so unfamiliar with what's going on that it's a complete mystery.

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
I appreciate the info but it looks like someone will have to tell me exactly which files to install and which order to do it in. I'm far from being a newbie to the computer world (I started programming in 1983), but this while Android thing is an unknown to me.

I tried to install the latest builds of MiRaGe kernel and the MiRaGe 07132013 build, and they both said successfully installed, but it still keeps booting to the recovery screen. I tried reversing the order, with the same results. I know I'm missing something, but I'm so unfamiliar with what's going on that it's a complete mystery.
Do you know how to use ADB? This is getting deep enough in that you should start another thread in the Optimus V Rooting, ROMs, and Hacks - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com section. I'll try to help over there.