1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Optimus V Voicemail (Use minutes?)

Hi guys,

How are you setting up the voicemail on the stock rom?
    - Is it a visual voicemail which only use data (instead of minutes)?
    - can we redirect unattended call to a google voice number for free (like Sprint's)?

For those who flash their Vs with S custom rom, how does the visual voicemail look like?

Thanks!

ROM
    Stock; Stock+Xionia b2

Voicemail will use minutes. Visual voicemail uses data. As far as redirecting missed calls to a Google Voice number, I used to have the YouMail vvm app for the VM BlackBerry but couldn't get the phone to forward missed calls to it.
    I have a Google Voice number, not just the voicemail feature. I haven't gotten any voicemails yet but they will be visual voicemail on the app itself. Since I use the app I didn't configure the phone itself to forward to Google. But on the Google Voice settings page on the computer it didn't have an option for VM. Maybe Sprint's settings might work.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by eggFuJON View Post
    Voicemail will use minutes. Visual voicemail uses data. As far as redirecting missed calls to a Google Voice number, I used to have the YouMail vvm app for the VM BlackBerry but couldn't get the phone to forward missed calls to it.
    I have a Google Voice number, not just the voicemail feature. I haven't gotten any voicemails yet but they will be visual voicemail on the app itself. Since I use the app I didn't configure the phone itself to forward to Google. But on the Google Voice settings page on the computer it didn't have an option for VM. Maybe Sprint's settings might work.
    thanks. i heard that VirginMobile (VM) does not allow call forwarding (neither conditional nor unconditional). Sprint allows both, with conditional forwarding free of charge. That will allow unattended calls to your phone be forwarded to GoogleVoice (GV), so you can check your voice mail in the GV app on your phone.

But then we cannot do that in VM.

ROM
    Stock; Stock+Xionia b2

I just did a test. I'm using the Optimus V on Virgin Mobile. What you have said is what I have found to be true, so I agree with you. VM doesn't allow forwarding like that. But because I have a Google Voice number I was able to receive the visual voicemail on the Voice app, notification and transcription. I don't know how it works if you just add Google voicemail to an existing number. But for a GV number it works.
    I usually don't forward calls to my Google Voice on the phone itself so I know who tried calling which of my numbers--the wireless number or GV.
    Hope this helps.

ROM
    MiRaGe-CM7.2-IHO

There's a bit of YMMV to this, but in my case, Google Voice picks up when I let the phone ring. If I choose to explicitly reject a call within, say, the first 80% of ring time, Virgin voice mail will pick up. So I have to simply avoid call rejection.

This (and the noisy but low-latency PBXes GTalk bridge) is about as close as I'm going to get to perfection with this whole Android-GVoice-VOIP business.

Is it possible to use the Sprint voicemail app with the Optimus V?? I couldn't get it to work it could never "activate"

yeah how do i do visual voicemail on this phone?

ROM
    MiRaGe-CM7.2-IHO

Virgin doesn't appear to offer visual voicemail. Switch to Google Voice either with a new number or pay $20 to port your Virgin number to Google, then reactivate your phone. (Learn about the pitfalls of Google Voice first.)