Startup Apps

jobeau

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
It's not harmful. Your probably screwing up your phone by not letting android take care of itself. You do not need a task killer, start up block or anything else. Read this if you want to know why you don't need these things.

Okay, i did read that entire post and it does make good sense. however, this thing-- how can it not look malicious with that icon and all its permissions? im dying for a reason as to why LG would set up that app/mod (the hidden menu) with such an icon.
i see your point in not needing task killers, but my question/problem in this thread has nothing to do with that.

koopakid08

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Okay, i did read that entire post and it does make good sense. however, this thing-- how can it not look malicious with that icon and all its permissions? im dying for a reason as to why LG would set up that app/mod (the hidden menu) with such an icon.
i see your point in not needing task killers, but my question/problem in this thread has nothing to do with that.

It might send usage statistics back to lg or maybe it could be the app that hides tethering from the settings as it is called hidden menu.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

DDriver

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Guys, an app called Autostarts is by far the best app to help prevent junk from loading on boot. I've tried other programs in the past, and they never seemed to list the apps that I do not want to be loaded on startup. Autostarts lists everything and is great. Check it out.

Definetely. Only using Autostart + "Stop Skype" I am able to shutoff skype properly on my phone when I want to.

The hidden_menu app looks really suspicious and I have one in my startup list. I disabled it and nothing bad happened so far. Simtookit is standard, I think there is no need to touch it.

jobeau

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
Definetely. Only using Autostart + "Stop Skype" I am able to shutoff skype properly on my phone when I want to.

The hidden_menu app looks really suspicious and I have one in my startup list. I disabled it and nothing bad happened so far. Simtookit is standard, I think there is no need to touch it.
Does Autostart just freeze this Service Programu/hiddenmenu app? Or does it just hide it or whatever? Because what we want is to remove it and all traces of it.
Multiple factory resets and SD card formats did not erase that thing.
Just saying "the icon is some japanese anime/game image" screams virus/malware. can't ignore this thing.

Retorrent

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Does Autostart just freeze this Service Programu/hiddenmenu app? Or does it just hide it or whatever? Because what we want is to remove it and all traces of it.
Multiple factory resets and SD card formats did not erase that thing.
Just saying "the icon is some japanese anime/game image" screams virus/malware. can't ignore this thing.

I think you guys are being a bit paranoid, I have 3 optimus Vs in this house and all of them have it, of the 3, 2 have harmonia on them and one runs Reborn. More then likely this is some left over program left over from a dev that worked on the 2.2 rom. I have yet to even see the remote possibility that its malware because of the phones function normally.

kayrypee

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has figured out what this "Service Programu" process / app / is? The icon looks like some Asian Anime thing and "Programu" is apparently Czech (for "program").

If you check out its permissions, it looks like it's able to do everything. Seems very suspicious to me. I called Virgin Mobile and they could not confirm that it is theirs or LG's.

I formatted the SD card and did a hard reset on the phone and it's still there, if you inspect the phone with a startup editor app. It appears under the system processes. It doesn't seem to be legit to me, yet I can't remove it. At the same time, it could be legit, but if so, LG or Virgin Mobile shouldn't be putting such vague things on their phones. Am I just being paranoid?

Furthermore, I am pretty annoyed that I can't remove Twidroyd, Poynt, SCVNGR, etc.!
ya the app "programu" is legit. i had to use it once thru a virgin mobile rep. to switch my number and service over to a new optimus v cuz i broke my first one. its just to manage ur service. and if u want to remove all the stock apps (twidroyd, where,poynt,scvngr,etc) root ur phone, install TITANIUM BACKUP and uninstall as u please. just be careful what u uninstall cuz u can severely damage ur phone if u uninstall the wrong thing.....like programu. and yes i know it works. not cuz i read it somewhere or heard it from someone, but because i am running a stock rooted optimus v with TITANIUM BACKUP on it and those same apps removed.

Last edited:

brian117

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I would leave programu alone because whenever I disabled it, I would see my signal bars go to an X and then reload itself and I didn't think that was a good thing so I left it intact. I would keep it enabled to make sure your connection is good and stable.

bryont666

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
guy just a little fyi the com.lge.sprinthiddenmenu is actually for ##DIAG# which if you have your MSL will allow you to enable or disable diag mode on your phone.
Hope that eases your mind a little bit

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hisoka_Ryuzaki