Does anyone know how to make your own boot animation?

mmmark111

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
Im trying to make 1 with a pic of my gf and son

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

Easiest way is to navigate to /data/local/ and pull the bootanimation.zip, open her up, and start modifying *.pngs. Starting from scratch is a timy bit more complicated as you have to create a text file that specifies the FPS and whatnot. Use THIS guide but use 320 x 480 for the resolution and throw it in /data/local.

RevolutionRed

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
never mind i should checked the link 1st... looks like i can just download the 1 from the site

There are actually three separate images/animations the phone typically shows on boot (LG Logo, Virgin Mobile Logo, Android Logo), and how to change it depends on which one you want to modify.

When people are editing the bootanimation.zip, it's the third animation that will change. Some roms (like the one I posted) delete the second one (the noise on startup is annoying). Other change the third one (On my personal phone, I've changed the third one to be my background so the phone looks like it's booting faster).

shawnf1986

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
There are actually three separate images/animations the phone typically shows on boot (LG Logo, Virgin Mobile Logo, Android Logo), and how to change it depends on which one you want to modify.

When people are editing the bootanimation.zip, it's the third animation that will change. Some roms (like the one I posted) delete the second one (the noise on startup is annoying). Other change the third one (On my personal phone, I've changed the third one to be my background so the phone looks like it's booting faster).

How do I change the lg logo?

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

aeroseek

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site

How would one remove the Virgin Mobile logo on the V?

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

You mention you deleted it in your rom.
Is this something you can do on hte fly or would you have to recomplie the whole rom?

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Boot animations can be added at any time. I'm not sure what you are asking.

Rev says he removed the virgin logo in his roms. how can you change this?
I would like to use the first lg logo all the way up to the third boot animation starting. I dont like the lge logo it looks out of place.

Also is it possible for out phone to do this?
YouTube - Cyanogenmod7 bootanimation
With the sound on boot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy