Results 1 to 20 of 20
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    r00t's Avatar

    Posts
    171 Posts
    ROM
    CM7.2-IHO-MiRaGe

    Default Gingerbread ROMs for the LG Optimus V?

    Are there any ROMs available for the LG Optimus V based on the Android 2.3 Gingerbread build?
  2. #2  
    munkyvirus's Avatar

    Posts
    168 Posts
    ROM
    Rooted Stock

    Default

    Not yet. Apparently all Optimus line phones will get Gingerbread eventually.
  3. #3  

    Default

    you can install ADW launcher, and there is a gingerbread theme for that.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  
    r00t's Avatar

    Posts
    171 Posts
    ROM
    CM7.2-IHO-MiRaGe

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by munkyvirus View Post
    Not yet. Apparently all Optimus line phones will get Gingerbread eventually.
    Will rooting the phone interfere with manufacturer's updates to the phone?
  5. #5  
    bboykin87's Avatar

    Posts
    272 Posts
    Global Posts
    321 Global Posts
    ROM
    MMuzzy 4.2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by r00t View Post
    Will rooting the phone interfere with manufacturer's updates to the phone?
    You don't want to accept any OTA while rooted or you could lose root...

    You should wait for a rooted version to come out and flash that
  6. #6  

    Talking I think this is what you're looking for.

    ... If you haven't already found this, I think it's exactly what you are looking for x)

    [ROM][WIP][ALPHA] aospCMod | AOSP 2.3.4 / CM7+ (Gingerbread)


    It's posted under the Optimus V Android Development section... Have fun lol
  7. #7  

    Default

    ^Talk about grave-digging -_-
    Thanked by:
  8. #8  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shawayne21 View Post
    ^Talk about grave-digging -_-
    Also pertinent and in the spirit of being useful along with not cluttering up the forum with duplicate threads.

    Your point?
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Gingerbread ROMs for the LG Optimus V?

    C-C-C-COMBO BREAK.EERR

    Nah, j/k. In all seriousness, I bricked my first go on the VM670. I got the root in place and installed ROM Manager, but the custom recovery failed with a blank screen. I accidentally factory reset (i say accidentally because I did not know at the time) and the rest was history.

    New phone - installed root (via gingerbreak) and then ROM manager - same issue. So I used ADB to flash the "xionia_cwma_12518.4_virgin.img" to recovery and am now at least able to boot into that.

    From here I am hesitant to do anything else as last time it failed - but I did perform the stupid factory reset after MODding...
    Thanked by:
  10. #10  
    JerryScript's Avatar
    Daydream Believer

    Posts
    2,058 Posts
    ROM
    Victorious

    Default Re: Gingerbread ROMs for the LG Optimus V?

    Stop using ROM Manager and start by reading the last link in my signature
  11. #11  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by un1ty View Post
    C-C-C-COMBO BREAK.EERR

    Nah, j/k. In all seriousness, I bricked my first go on the VM670. I got the root in place and installed ROM Manager, but the custom recovery failed with a blank screen. I accidentally factory reset (i say accidentally because I did not know at the time) and the rest was history.

    New phone - installed root (via gingerbreak) and then ROM manager - same issue. So I used ADB to flash the "xionia_cwma_12518.4_virgin.img" to recovery and am now at least able to boot into that.

    From here I am hesitant to do anything else as last time it failed - but I did perform the stupid factory reset after MODding...
    As Jerry said do not EVER use rom manager on this phone. It causes way too many problems

    Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk
  12. #12  
    Badboytoast's Avatar

    Posts
    821 Posts
    Global Posts
    822 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS 2.3.7/ tvall kernel

    Default Re: Gingerbread ROMs for the LG Optimus V?

    I have a.? For Jerry if Iam using cwm-base recovery 4.0.1.5 an I using rom manager??? Ian new to rooting. Thxs
  13. #13  
    thewraith420's Avatar

    Posts
    1,918 Posts
    ROM
    Changes Daily

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Badboytoast View Post
    I have a.? For Jerry if Iam using cwm-base recovery 4.0.1.5 an I using rom manager??? Ian new to rooting. Thxs
    Well this is a pretty old thread.... Sounds like you got the IHO recovery nothing wrong with that:-)

    IHO Unofficial CM7. 2
    BACKside IHO 12212011
  14. #14  
    Badboytoast's Avatar

    Posts
    821 Posts
    Global Posts
    822 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS 2.3.7/ tvall kernel

    Smile Re: Gingerbread ROMs for the LG Optimus V?

    Thanks alot!!!! I'LL keep an eye on the date. Thank you
  15. #15  
    Badboytoast's Avatar

    Posts
    821 Posts
    Global Posts
    822 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS 2.3.7/ tvall kernel

    Default Re: Gingerbread ROMs for the LG Optimus V?

    Hormonia 2 is my favorite gb but anyone can try this and find which one you like the best, Thanks to all the devs
  16. #16  

    Default Re: Gingerbread ROMs for the LG Optimus V?

    Okay i just rooted my vm optimus v with gingerbreak. I want a rom like that aosp one, and im new to the whole backup & stuff. Can someone walk me thru the steps to install it? Thanks!
  17. #17  
    Badboytoast's Avatar

    Posts
    821 Posts
    Global Posts
    822 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS 2.3.7/ tvall kernel

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BenjaminF View Post
    Okay i just rooted my vm optimus v with gingerbreak. I want a rom like that aosp one, and im new to the whole backup & stuff. Can someone walk me thru the steps to install it? Thanks!
    I would use hormonia 2 its a great rom!! Here you can get an Ideal of how to do it.. http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=%2F&gl=US#/watch?v=l_POvZaMlOk
    just don't use rom manager, instead use vm670NH recovery, once in recovery mold you'll have the same options to backup,wipe,format,etc. Keep on mind that I don't know if this recovery will work with the new ov screen aka 2.2.2 ,because I got this ov when they first came out!!! To flash this recovery use an app called flashimageGUI.apk
  18. #18  
    thewraith420's Avatar

    Posts
    1,918 Posts
    ROM
    Changes Daily

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Badboytoast View Post
    I would use hormonia 2 its a great rom!! Here you can get an Ideal of how to do it..
    just don't use rom manager, instead use vm670NH recovery, once in recovery mold you'll have the same options to backup,wipe,format,etc. Keep on mind that I don't know if this recovery will work with the new ov screen aka 2.2.2 ,because I got this ov when they first came out!!! To flash this recovery use an app called flashimageGUI.apk
    VM670NH.img works on old and new screens. The recovery rom manager flashes will result in black screened recovery on new screens

    IHO Unofficial CM7. 2
    BACKside IHO 12212011
  19. #19  
    thewraith420's Avatar

    Posts
    1,918 Posts
    ROM
    Changes Daily

    Default

    Also 2.2.1 has the old screen and 2.2.2 is the new

    IHO Unofficial CM7. 2
    BACKside IHO 12212011
  20. #20  
    Badboytoast's Avatar

    Posts
    821 Posts
    Global Posts
    822 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS 2.3.7/ tvall kernel

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thewraith420 View Post
    VM670NH.img works on old and new screens. The recovery rom manager flashes will result in black screened recovery on new screens

    IHO Unofficial CM7. 2
    BACKside IHO 12212011
    Thanks for conferring that this recovery ( VM670NH RECOVERY.IMG )works also with new screens and like I said before don't use Rom manager, it will mess up your phone.. I just pasted that video """to get an ideal on how to wipe,format,flash a new Rom."""'

    !!Hormonia 2 Gb!!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

B