Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Unhappy Help! looking how to get free mins using google voice of VOIP

Iv gone threw the Lg Optimus v section and could not find any info on how to get google voice to actully use data, so i was woundering if anyone knew the process of doing this? I have attempted this on my own I rooted my phone and download Google talk and Gvoice callback and it still using mins,

In short lets get the ball rolling! if there is a guide for it to work on Vm with lg optimus v please send me a link

ROM
    Stock - Unrooted for now.

Found this link in Android Central forums after a Google search. Definitely a good question to ask since I didn't think about it immediately since I use GV also. Nice step by step guide that should help you out. No guarantees it'll fully work though.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks for the assistance lol sorry i wrote that in 30sec flat..

Ok This is my predicament I have the lg optimus v and i rooted it using the method on AC/xda. What I would like to have is the ability to use google voice on Virgin mobile so I would have unlimited mins. I have tried using gCall back with google voice I already have my gnumber and it does work but it still is using mins unfortunately. I am running out of ideas so i came to Android central for some assistance.

Quick version
    How do I get google voice or a Voip calling service to work and doesnt actually use any of my 300 mins.
    *Not it also use mins over wifi

Help me android central your my only hope
    pre

I've been using Nettalk for outgoing calls over Wifi with good success

you need a sip client to force your calls to use voip. Ontop of that im not sure if the mins are compleatly free seeing as you do have to call your own number to do an outgoing call, and most people put that number as a fav five, and with VM even if you use 5 seconds of call time they round that to 1 min. It may possiably save you mins, but i dont think you can stop them from being used compleatly. Correct me if im wrong.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Hmm, even if they charge me a minute i would still be better than normal.
    does anyone have the good .apk version of sipdroid? iv read only negative about the newest one on the market.

Quote Originally Posted by Aruen91 View Post
    Hmm, even if they charge me a minute i would still be better than normal.
    does anyone have the good .apk version of sipdroid? iv read only negative about the newest one on the market.
    I use the newest sipdroid and it works flawless. They now included a PBXes account that links your Google Talk(Chat) account to sipdroid. This allows you to make free incoming and outgoing calls over DATA. The PBX account has a monthly limit of 2000 minutes for the free version and 5000 on the paid version. All you need is the official GV app and sipdroid, nothing more. The only problem I have had is I have calls forwarded to my VM number so if I have the radio set to CDMA the native phone fights with sipdroid over who will take the call. If I keep the phone in EVDO only this solves the problem.

I have not been able to make calls over 3G yet, in my area Sprint 3G is slow really slow.

367ms PING 265kbps DOWN 375kbps UP
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Quote Originally Posted by HondaDNA95 View Post
    I use the newest sipdroid and it works flawless. They now included a PBXes account that links your Google Talk(Chat) account to sipdroid. This allows you to make free incoming and outgoing calls over DATA. The PBX account has a monthly limit of 2000 minutes for the free version and 5000 on the paid version. All you need is the official GV app and sipdroid, nothing more. The only problem I have had is I have calls forwarded to my VM number so if I have the radio set to CDMA the native phone fights with sipdroid over who will take the call. If I keep the phone in EVDO only this solves the problem.

I have not been able to make calls over 3G yet, in my area Sprint 3G is slow really slow.

367ms PING 265kbps DOWN 375kbps UP
    Does this process work fine withe Vm and the lg optimus v? could u do step by step to set it up or at least just tell me if this works? oh and does this not using any of my virgin mobile minutes ?
    Last edited by Aruen91; 02-13-2011 at 11:27 PM.

ROM
    CM7.2+ v1.3

I want to do this way how do I make the pbxe account

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

Would also like this.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

All you do is install Sipdroid, and when you first launch it, it will ask you to set up the PBXes account, I suggest that you download, and set up over WiFi, then that's it.
    Thanked by:

I have google voice, google voice callback, and sipdroid all on my phone but don't know where to go from here. I did set up a pbexs via sipdroid but am lost on how to set it up.

What settings should be set up in pbexs and sipdroid?

Thanks

If you've set up your PBXes acct. with Sipdroid using the built-in wizard then that's all you need to do. PBXes is now setup. Make sure your Google Voice account is setup with forwarding going to Google Talk and any other phones you need.

One word of caution for anyone using PBXes, there is a question of how secure this configuration peering is with Google so DO NOT use your main Google acct. Set up one just for PBXes and Google Voice.

You do not need GV Callback either, Sipdroid, PBXes and GV do all the work.

oh great...i have my google voice connected to my one and only google account. Do you know how I would seperate them?

my google voice # forwards to my cell. and I have the google talk app set up on the phone. Is that what you mean?

Do I make calls from the regular dialer or must I use sipdroid?

One edit: It appears the sipdroid is all set but when I try to make a call it starts then stops.

Thanks so much!

Edit two: Since I was successfully freaked out about security...I changed my google account password and totally deleted my pbxes account and opened a new one with a another email address.
    Last edited by br.hoffman; 02-19-2011 at 08:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by br.hoffman View Post
    oh great...i have my google voice connected to my one and only google account. Do you know how I would seperate them?

my google voice # forwards to my cell. and I have the google talk app set up on the phone. Is that what you mean?

Do I make calls from the regular dialer or must I use sipdroid?
    Make yourself a new Google account and sign up for Gmail and Voice services. In the GV settings panel, you should see your phone and Google Talk as options. Make sure Google Talk is selected at least for the forwarding option. Use Google Talk in the Gmail web interface to make a call to your cell or something to verify that it dials out fine. You may need to download the browser plug in from Google to do this if you don't have it. Now, dial your new GV number from your cell or other number and verify that it rings through to Google Talk in your browser.

Go To pbxes.org web site and log in. Click on trunks/Gtalk and change your gmail and password to your new account and save. Change your primary Google account password to something else. It should now be separated from pbxes.org and secure.

On your phone, setup the GV app to use your new Google acct. dedicated to GV with pbxes.

Sipdroid has an option where you can tell the default phone dialer to always use Sipdroid, use Sipdroid when avail., never use Sipdroid or always ask.

FYI, Once you setup pbxes to work with GV, you will lose the ability to see/answer calls with Google Talk in the browser for the linked Google acct.
    Last edited by swoon; 02-19-2011 at 08:36 PM.
    Thanked by 2:

I think I have this set up now. However, for incoming calls, folks would have to call my gv number correct? Any way I can set the phone up to forward my incoming to my gv number or would that put me in an endless loop?

I would a appreciate in simple terms what is going on with all this set up. I can't wrap my brain around what I am actually doing with this pbxes thing. I think it is using my gv # to dial to their server in order to use the data or wifi on my phone rather than using my cell # and thus using my minutes, right?

Thanks so much!

Either port your cell number to GV or tell everyone to call new GV # instead. I don't think VM offers any call forwarding but you may want to check into it.

PBXes is the SIP server for your Sipdroid SIP client. PBXes utilizes GV so that the voicemail and free outbound calling of GV are available using SIP. The SIP client contacts the server to place and receive calls and the server then routes the calls via GV.
    Thanked by:

any way to not have to put a + after the number to make a call?....ugh....does that mean I don't have it set up right? I have the green status indicator in my notification bar.
    Last edited by br.hoffman; 02-20-2011 at 03:03 PM.

any way to not have to put a + after the number to make a call?....ugh....does that mean I don't have it set up right? I have the green status indicator in my notification bar.
    You should just be able to dial any normal 10-digit number.

Hmm.. must my google voice calls only be forwarded to gt? If so, how in the world do I sign out of the default account on my phone so I can sign in to the new one that has only my new gv # linked to it?

Hmm.. must my google voice calls only be forwarded to gt? If so, how in the world do I sign out of the default account on my phone so I can sign in to the new one that has only my new gv # linked to it?
    I'm not sure what you're asking. On your phone, you want to use the official Google Voice app with your new Google acct. to manage voice mails and send/receive text, everything else including the Talk app can use your original Google acct.

In the GV phone settings where you set your forwarding up, it must at least be set to ring through to Google Talk for VoIP to work. You can also set it to ring through to your mobile number or any other number as well.
    Thanked by:

Well, at this point I have tried so many options that my head is swimming. I did get my phone set up using my original gv # but not my login credentials by configuring pbxes.org differently.

I have a pbxes.org account, an ipkall account, sipdroid, and gv callback configured. It works. So that's where I'll leave it.

sheesh....all this figuring so I could tell my kid how to do it on her phone. I don't even use the minutes I have so really didn't need this option.

Thanks so much. Your help along the way really helped me figure it out.

I set up google voice account. I have a number from gv. Installed sipdroid, clicked on the bottom "New pbxes account with gv", made a new pbxes account and status bar is green. Whenever I call, it ends after 4 seconds without dialing out, tried with wifi and 3g, neither work. Any ideas?
    Last edited by vee; 02-24-2011 at 03:49 PM.

Global Posts
    169 Global Posts

are you dialing with the country code?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast