Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Factory Reset bricked my phone

Well whenever I reset my phone by wiping in the recovery it always worked. But today I reset my phone through Android and now the phone boots straight to recovery. I can't get past it. I flashed the stock rooted zip but nothing changes.

Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    ROM
    Tried them all...

This thread has been known to fix your problem.
    http://forum.androidcentral.com/lg-o...urn-stock.html

Also might want to take a look at this thread:
    http://forum.androidcentral.com/lg-o...k-warning.html
    Last edited by devgru82; 02-12-2011 at 11:48 PM. Reason: EDIT
    Thanked by:
    pspOPT 
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Is it safe to use the nandroid from the Optimus S on the Optimus V?

Never mind. Found this: http://forum.sdx-developers.com/opti...sters-please)/
    Last edited by arashed31; 02-13-2011 at 12:00 AM.
    Thanked by 2:

Im also having this same issue..

Im able to flash the "stock" recover file to the phone..
    However my issue is that Im not able to run adb shell as SuperOneClick just freezes on "waiting for device"..

Im pretty sure the issue relies within the debugging mode not being activated within my phone..

However how is one suppost to activate it when all I can do is stay in recovery?..

I have tryed my many Nand backups and SuperOneClick still freezes.
    (I have even used the "stock" Nand backup from the link above with the same result..
    Its funny though as when I reboot via recovery the driver the PC uses is the modem driver..

I have also posted this within the bricking thread on the Opti S forums however have not had much help..

Any suggestions?..

EDIT:
    I got it fixed.
    Forgot to mount the system first.
    Maybe the main purpose your alive is to serve as a warning to others~

Global Posts
    247 Global Posts
    ROM
    Harmonia 2, Mango

Quote Originally Posted by scootincivic View Post
    Im also having this same issue..

Im able to flash the "stock" recover file to the phone..
    However my issue is that Im not able to run adb shell as SuperOneClick just freezes on "waiting for device"..

Im pretty sure the issue relies within the debugging mode not being activated within my phone..

However how is one suppost to activate it when all I can do is stay in recovery?..

I have tryed my many Nand backups and SuperOneClick still freezes.
    (I have even used the "stock" Nand backup from the link above with the same result..
    Its funny though as when I reboot via recovery the driver the PC uses is the modem driver..

I have also posted this within the bricking thread on the Opti S forums however have not had much help..

Any suggestions?..

EDIT:
    I got it fixed.
    Forgot to mount the system first.
    I'm having this same problem too. I can't get past the recovery screen...tried the options with the Nand restore and i can't do the adb on my computer...any ideas?
    AC Forums Android Developer

ROM
    Harmonia 3

Quote Originally Posted by sportsinger75 View Post
    I'm having this same problem too. I can't get past the recovery screen...tried the options with the Nand restore and i can't do the adb on my computer...any ideas?
    Wipe everything and just try putting any Rom you can, try Xonia or Rodimus, just to get beyond the brick.

fixed my phone thanks

ROM
    RodimusROM /Xionia

I have tried all these steps also mounted everything but still no luck on getting past boot recovery screen anyone have any other ideals ?

ROM
    RodimusROM /Xionia

Quote Originally Posted by thatguy123 View Post
    fixed my phone thanks
    How did you fix yours care to help

I have Xonia rom installed and my sms no longer receives texts. Will this technique get the messaging back to normal also? Thanks in advanced

I had the exact same thing happen yesterday when I factory reset via Privacy. Couldn't get past recovery screen. I used the links posted by devgru82 above to unbrick it.

Here are the steps I did:

0. Downloaded Optimus V nand backup from link above and put onto root of SD card. Put flash_image and recovery 1.1 file too.
    1. Connected phone to PC via USB.
    2. Luckily I was able to adb shell to the phone. (note the superoneclick would hang up waiting for device, so I couldn't really get a shell root to the phone though). I simply opened a command window from the android sdk platform-tools folder and typed "adb shell" and I was in the phone.
    3. On the recovery screen in the mount menu, most of the things were unmounted, I mounted all that I could mount including SDCARD.
    4. Then I followed the guide from the links posted above to unbrick the phone. Most important were steps 25-29 which flashed recovery.img back on the phone since nandbackup doesn't do that.
    5. The phone booted into stock VM after that. I had to run the activate app again to get the phone activated.

Hope this helps someone!
    Last edited by pspOPT; 03-04-2011 at 10:44 AM.

what if you cant get adb shell to recognize your device? how would we do that?

Global Posts
    224 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock ICS/Cyanogenmod

Did you use the usb option in recovery to plug in the phone?

Did you do a nandroid backup of your stock system before you applied other ROMs? If so, did restoring that still not work?

I'm not trying to troll here, I honestly want to know if I shouldn't rely on those backups.

1. I'm stuck with the stock recovery.
    2. I can't access the phone through ADB shell. The "sh" program is missing.

You need one to fix the other, and the other to fix the one...

Global Posts
    224 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock ICS/Cyanogenmod

If you download the sdk and access the phone you can use superoneclick for a temp root

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Texts are very sporadic. Will get one every once in a while, but the majority are not coming through. Also have xonia, so I wanted to chime in here.

Default Bricked Phone Can't boot to recovery

Sorry to hi-jack the thread but I couldn't figure out how to create a new post. My issue is related (at least in part) to this post so I figured it would be the most appropriate.

Anyway, I unwittingly bricked my phone today by using the same method as the OP. I then proceeded to wipe my phone via custom recovery. I tried loading a new ROM to no avail. I found a post about a custom recovery that would solve boot looping so I installed it. Now I can't even get into custom recovery.

First it shows the silver LG splash screen, then (whether I press home, vol-down, power or not) goes to a screen that posts these lines:

Android System Recovery...

DO NOT PULL OUT THE BATTERY!!

Formatting DATA:...
    Formatting CACHE:...
    factory reset...
    Rebooting...

Then it reboots to the silver LG splash screen and then to the white LG splash screen with the LG logo. Then it just sits there. I've left it there for an hour with no change.

I've tried a couple different things to include ROMtools, KDZ (can't find the right firmware file), and KP500 in Emergency Mode. Nothing has worked.

Is my phone completely gone or is there at least a small glimmer of light?

Thanks for any help!

ROM
    Stock OPV Custom *Bricked

Default i need help

pm me so i can tell you the story for my android lg optimus v brick

PLEASE PM me i honestly realllllllllly need help
    o_O

ROM
    bigsuperROM_os2sd

Quote Originally Posted by deaver_92 View Post
    Sorry to hi-jack the thread but I couldn't figure out how to create a new post. My issue is related (at least in part) to this post so I figured it would be the most appropriate.

Anyway, I unwittingly bricked my phone today by using the same method as the OP. I then proceeded to wipe my phone via custom recovery. I tried loading a new ROM to no avail. I found a post about a custom recovery that would solve boot looping so I installed it. Now I can't even get into custom recovery.

First it shows the silver LG splash screen, then (whether I press home, vol-down, power or not) goes to a screen that posts these lines:

Android System Recovery...

DO NOT PULL OUT THE BATTERY!!

Formatting DATA:...
    Formatting CACHE:...
    factory reset...
    Rebooting...

Then it reboots to the silver LG splash screen and then to the white LG splash screen with the LG logo. Then it just sits there. I've left it there for an hour with no change.

I've tried a couple different things to include ROMtools, KDZ (can't find the right firmware file), and KP500 in Emergency Mode. Nothing has worked.

Is my phone completely gone or is there at least a small glimmer of light?

Thanks for any help!
    Maybe a little late from your post date, but I like cross-linking solutions.
    I had the same problem.
    this post helped fix it.

Unhappy

I'm having this problem too guys. New to this website and I really need some help!!

Please explain all the steps you've taken so far, and what the problem is exactly.

Default Re: Factory Reset bricked my phone

after factory data reset in the privacy settings i cant get past the lg logo and then nothing but a blank screen afterwards its driving me crazy i'm just trying to find the answer on how to get my phone to work again please help me

ROM
    Stock-Rooted

Default Re: Factory Reset bricked my phone