- 02-12-2011, 11:46 PM #2
This thread has been known to fix your problem.
Also might want to take a look at this thread:
- 18 Posts
- 02-21-2011, 01:47 PM #4
- 163 Posts
Im also having this same issue..
Im able to flash the "stock" recover file to the phone..
However my issue is that Im not able to run adb shell as SuperOneClick just freezes on "waiting for device"..
Im pretty sure the issue relies within the debugging mode not being activated within my phone..
However how is one suppost to activate it when all I can do is stay in recovery?..
I have tryed my many Nand backups and SuperOneClick still freezes.
(I have even used the "stock" Nand backup from the link above with the same result..
Its funny though as when I reboot via recovery the driver the PC uses is the modem driver..
I have also posted this within the bricking thread on the Opti S forums however have not had much help..
I got it fixed.
Forgot to mount the system first.
- 02-25-2011, 03:26 PM #5
- 02-25-2011, 09:03 PM #6
- 02-28-2011, 11:45 AM #7
- 03-03-2011, 01:34 AM #8
- 03-03-2011, 01:35 AM #9
- 03-04-2011, 12:32 AM #10
- 03-04-2011, 10:36 AM #11
- 22 Posts
I had the exact same thing happen yesterday when I factory reset via Privacy. Couldn't get past recovery screen. I used the links posted by devgru82 above to unbrick it.
Here are the steps I did:
0. Downloaded Optimus V nand backup from link above and put onto root of SD card. Put flash_image and recovery 1.1 file too.
1. Connected phone to PC via USB.
2. Luckily I was able to adb shell to the phone. (note the superoneclick would hang up waiting for device, so I couldn't really get a shell root to the phone though). I simply opened a command window from the android sdk platform-tools folder and typed "adb shell" and I was in the phone.
3. On the recovery screen in the mount menu, most of the things were unmounted, I mounted all that I could mount including SDCARD.
4. Then I followed the guide from the links posted above to unbrick the phone. Most important were steps 25-29 which flashed recovery.img back on the phone since nandbackup doesn't do that.
5. The phone booted into stock VM after that. I had to run the activate app again to get the phone activated.
Hope this helps someone!
- 03-04-2011, 03:29 PM #12
- 03-10-2011, 08:41 AM #13
- 03-10-2011, 09:00 AM #14
- 03-10-2011, 07:08 PM #15
- 03-13-2011, 12:45 AM #16
- 03-18-2011, 10:56 AM #17
- 03-21-2011, 03:17 AM #18
- 12 Posts
Bricked Phone Can't boot to recovery
Sorry to hi-jack the thread but I couldn't figure out how to create a new post. My issue is related (at least in part) to this post so I figured it would be the most appropriate.
Anyway, I unwittingly bricked my phone today by using the same method as the OP. I then proceeded to wipe my phone via custom recovery. I tried loading a new ROM to no avail. I found a post about a custom recovery that would solve boot looping so I installed it. Now I can't even get into custom recovery.
First it shows the silver LG splash screen, then (whether I press home, vol-down, power or not) goes to a screen that posts these lines:
Android System Recovery...
DO NOT PULL OUT THE BATTERY!!
Then it reboots to the silver LG splash screen and then to the white LG splash screen with the LG logo. Then it just sits there. I've left it there for an hour with no change.
I've tried a couple different things to include ROMtools, KDZ (can't find the right firmware file), and KP500 in Emergency Mode. Nothing has worked.
Is my phone completely gone or is there at least a small glimmer of light?
Thanks for any help!
- 04-17-2011, 11:31 PM #19
- 04-28-2011, 11:24 AM #20
- 05-03-2011, 10:47 PM #21
- 05-03-2011, 10:57 PM #22
- 05-25-2012, 07:08 PM #23
- 05-25-2012, 08:50 PM #24
Re: Factory Reset bricked my phone
Read these, read them multiple times before you do anything, then read them again.
[How To] Fix "Most" Boot Loop Issues Caused By Factory Reset
Do not Factory Reset your Rooted Phone - Android Forums
[FIX] ADB method to break factory reset bootloop by wiping /mtd8
And next time, read the thread titles, they help a lot:
[GUIDE] 2012 Optimus V Reference Guide (Start here!)