• 1 Post By Eollie
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    Stock Froyo

Post The LG-Optimus V Root Kit. [All in One Kit for Rooting your Optimus V]

The LG Optimus V All in One r00t Package

Created by: Brent Rubell [me!]

Hello everybody,

As I am a new user to the Optimus V, as all of you are seeing as it is a new phone, I am sure you are looking for a lot of software/tools/roms to download when you try to root your phone, but they are SCATTERED all through out the internet, and its difficult to download all at once, so thats why I am here, to clean out the clutter

What the kit includes:
    Android Developer Kit for Windows
    Xiona ROM beta: 2
    Super One Touch
    All needed Java SDK's/Dev Kits
    LG Device Drivers.

I am hosting the file on my server, out of pure generosity so it never goes down and you dont have to wait 20/30/50 seconds before you download it. Note: if you would like to donate, please partake in the ChipIn Event below and donate $0.50/$1.00 to me. 1/2 of your proceeds will go towards Child's Play.

update #1: The site is live and the RootPackage for the Optimus V is online, let me know below if there is any bugs

Download:
    Last edited by teki9; 02-13-2011 at 12:30 PM. Reason: Update
    Thanked by 2:

ROM
    CM7.2-IHO-MiRaGe

I think maybe you should call it something else instead of , the name has negative implications.

Link broken:
    Directory has no index file.

Browsing this site or directory without an index file is prohibited.
    If you are the site's webmaster, you can remedy this problem by creating a default HTML page with one of the following names:

index.html
    index.htm
    default.htm
    Default.htm
    home.html
    Home.chtml
    NOTE: Filenames are case sensitive, i.e., Home.html is not the same as home.html

This post is lame.. He doesnt even have instructions and he wants a donation yea right... And every thing u need is n this section with instructions .... So please people only donate to the developer Of what ur using

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

ROM
    Stock Froyo

I am sorry, I am actively working on this post, as I am at work right now, and typed this up before work, I will complete it later.

r00t: Eh, I like the name, maybe Root Pack is better.

Thanks Shawnf1986, always nice to see kids.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

ROM
    Stock Froyo

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by shawnf1986 View Post
    This post is lame.. He doesnt even have instructions and he wants a donation yea right... And every thing u need is n this section with instructions .... So please people only donate to the developer Of what ur using

This is just a package that I had the courtesy to upload to my ftp server. This will save you time when you get ready to root your Optimus V, and I wish I had it when I downloaded all these files.

There is a Readme INSIDE the Root Pack by the way....

Quote Originally Posted by bullsquid View Post
    Link broken:

Fixed. and a NEW site is up!

Its better to read other posts because if u have problems with something u can ask 4 help.. All your diong is junking up this forum with posts like how to get wifi hotspot come on thats what the search is for... And no im not a kid im 25

link is broken just tried it and wont let me click on link to DL

link broken

Total Android newbie here. If you follow directions properly, this is an easy way to root. Rooted my Optimus V, in no time at all. My son bought his wife an Optimus V today and I'll root hers over the weekend. Thank you.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by teki9 View Post
    Download:
    GOOD INTENTIONS FAIL!

What exactly is wrong with the guides that are already up:
    http://forum.androidcentral.com/opti...optimus-v.html
    http://forum.androidcentral.com/opti...new-phone.html

ROM
    AOKP 4.1.1

Still think Romtools is the quickest and easiest way to root.
    Thanked by:

i need help rooting my lg optimus v. can you please fully explain to me what to do and help me.

can't download, screen is jumbled up and you cannot click on the link to download.

Global Posts
    1,575 Global Posts
    ROM
    Some arrogant a-holes

Quote Originally Posted by dbajohn View Post
    can't download, screen is jumbled up and you cannot click on the link to download.
    And this people is what we call a hurryupasarus. They roam the internet looking for the fastest easiest way to do things that they have no idea how to do in the first place. The seek what seems to be the easiest possible way to accomplish something without reading more than three sentences. Then when the process doesnt work they will post a comment and not read any of the previous comments because they would be against their mission objective of hurryup.

dbajohn in seriousness you should read through a thread before posting about how things dont work. The comment just above you states this thread has been long dead. It really never took off because of the title and truly one click process and stop shops arent good for android. It allows people that are too lazy to read and understand simple commands to attempt to root their phone. And most of the time it is because somebody said its like jail-breaking a iphone. And everybody wants a jail-broken phone.

If your serious about rooting follow the link mmarz posted and do some investigation and reading then give the guides there a shot.
    Thanked by:
    ruamilf likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by r00t View Post
    I think maybe you should call it something else instead of , the name has negative implications.
    reup?

Default Re: The LG-Optimus V Root Kit. [All in One Kit for Rooting your O

can some one post up a working link for the rooting kit .....

Default Re: The LG-Optimus V Root Kit. [All in One Kit for Rooting your O

New here. Can't find the link. Is it still around, or am I looking in the wrong place?

ROM
    CM9 KANG

Quote Originally Posted by zapittwice View Post
    New here. Can't find the link. Is it still around, or am I looking in the wrong place?
    Yeah this thread is old. Your in the wrong place. Look here for the up to date thread.

[HOW-TO] Simplified Root + Recovery + Custom ROM

It's stickied under the ROM rooting hacks subforum.

In the future, try not to post in really old, inactive threads.

Sent from my Android using Tapatalk

ROM
    BackSide IHO CM7.2

Should b deleted.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk