Virgin Mobile MMS Issues Thread

kaos423

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
I've been reading through so many forums trying to see if anyone has found a fix to this, but everything I've tried hasn't worked... but I did find this one app called saved mms that was the pics will download to your sdcard even if the message wont open. the only bad thing I've seen so far is that you have to go to my files/sdcard/savedmms to view the pics and you can only them as contact pics or wall paper from there. but if you load the sdcard to your pc you can save and move them to the image part of the card and view them. I know it;s not the greatest fix but at least it's something

Last edited:

Bigtuna00

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
If you want to create an official discussion thread, at least put it in the correct forum?

The fact is there are no MMS issues unless you're using a 2.3 ROM so this should be in the ROMs forum, no?

ssam

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
The MMS issue has been solved.. if your using the new AOSPCMOD-OV-20110415.... 2.3 rom then the MMS is working.. They finally figured out how to fix it. I can nw send and receive pics :) yahh

ssam

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Hi there,did you help solve the problem of scrambled receive?
How was it done?

Thanks for your wiki,can't wait till you update with detail solution :)[/QUOTE

I never said i helped solve the problem, all i was doing was posting it up..
and you dont have to be sarcastic..grow the f$## up... and you welcome..

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
How was it done?

Thanks for your wiki,can't wait till you update with detail solution :)

and you dont have to be sarcastic..grow the f$## up... and you welcome..

How was it done?

Thanks for your wiki,can't wait till you update with detail solution :)

and you dont have to be sarcastic..grow the f$## up... and you welcome.

First off double post fail..and second off you really should read your quoted post before posting a troll response. You have been deducted -9000 cool points for quoting and being a dick to the wrong person and a double post quote fail.

ssam

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
First of all who heck are u...also dont i really care about -9000 points or whatever point ur trying to make. give me break..... and also being a dick to who, you or firefly2004... well tell him to stop being a sarcastic and a dick..

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
First of all who heck are u...also dont i really care about -9000 points or whatever point ur trying to make. give me break..... and also being a dick to who, you or firefly2004... well tell him to stop being a sarcastic and a dick..

Really? Are you so dense you cant see he quoted somebody that was originally on the team to help decode the mms issue. What you quoted was not at all directed at you. So really stop trying to be a troll.

denshigomi

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
As of this writing, firefly2004 has made 4 posts on this forum. In each post, he has expressed gratitude for the assistance of others. In the post you quoted, he is thanking claudiac1969 for her wiki.
You seem to have misinterpreted that post as being a sarcastic remark directed at you.
In actuality it was neither sarcastic, nor intended for you.

z0mbi3

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Hello all I'm new to android and smartphones in general. I have the optimus v and received a text from a buddy who sent me an animated gif but it doesn't play on my phone (stock rom). Is that normal or what can I do so that when I receive those types of images they will play. Thanks

firefly2004

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
Sorry for the trouble

As of this writing, firefly2004 has made 4 posts on this forum. In each post, he has expressed gratitude for the assistance of others. In the post you quoted, he is thanking claudiac1969 for her wiki.
You seem to have misinterpreted that post as being a sarcastic remark directed at you.
In actuality it was neither sarcastic, nor intended for you.

I must apologize for everyone for the unforeseen misunderstanding.

I really was interested in claudiac1969 work on fixing the VM incoming issue.

Everyone please have a nice day.

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I must apologize for everyone for the unforeseen misunderstanding.

I really was interested in claudiac1969 work on fixing the VM incoming issue.

Everyone please have a nice day.

No need to apologize, ssam was having a day. And instead of realizing when somebody poked fun at him and going oops, he chose to lash out and poke a laughing bear that in turn nom nomed on his arm.

anon(182107)

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
I have gone from receiving encrypted MMS to nothing, even on stock rom. SMS still works. I don't know what caused this or how to fix it.

Sent from my Optimus V using Tapatalk

firefly2004

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
I have gone from receiving encrypted MMS to nothing, even on stock rom. SMS still works. I don't know what caused this or how to fix it.

Sent from my Optimus V using Tapatalk

Do you have data working?
If yes, check if your APN settings are correct
Get anycut and create a shorcut to "Apns"
Check to see if the settings are correct
Name:Virgin Mobile
APN:Sprint
Proxy:
Port:
Username:Sprint
Password:*
Server:*
MMSC:http://mmsc.vmobl.com:8088/mms?
MMS port:81
MCC:310
MNC:00
Authentication type:pAP or CHAP
APN type:

Reactions: ykameron

anon(182107)

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Do you have data working?
If yes, check if your APN settings are correct
Get anycut and create a shorcut to "Apns"
Check to see if the settings are correct
Name:Virgin Mobile
APN:Sprint
Proxy:
Port:
Username:Sprint
Password:*
Server:*
MMSC:http://mmsc.vmobl.com:8088/mms?
MMS port:81
MCC:310
MNC:00
Authentication type:pAP or CHAP
APN type:
Okay first I tried using any cut and now my stock launcher FC after I try to access my home screen. Tried clearing data, didn't work. So I switched to ADW Launcher EX. The setting was different. I saw in APN Manager that it was set to "android" which was a blank APN. I corrected it to VM settings..and wait..as I'm typing this the MMS was sent and received. It just took a hell of a long time.

Now if I could just fix my stock launcher without resetting my phone.

I just switched from gingerbread to bumblebee rom and I'm having much more issues with froyo. All just for bluetooth support. Maybe I should consider going back to CM7 and forget about using my new headset until they're able to fix bluetooth.

Anyway thanks for helping me fix the APN.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

foxmajik

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Lets try and keep ALL MMS discussion to this thread.

There seems to be a lot of misinformation about MMS issues on VM using non-VM roms. So here is where we stand:

1) VM uses a non-standard MMS format. Incoming MMS comes from "9999999999" and is all garbled characters.
2) VM modifies the framework and Mms.apk to decode these messages and display them correctly.

The fact of the matter is, when using a non-VM rom such as Sprint ROMs or CM7. MMS receive is currently broke and may never be fixed.

1 is correct. The 9999999999 is because the phone downloads MMS's from Virgin's web server. All of Virgin's phones do this.

AoSPCMod now has a fix to support this.

activefall

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Before I go to sleep let me just say that I have been both sending and receiving mms from my optimism v using a cryogen mod. I t was bob@homes build sep 10. I tried Joane release and now i'm having problems. It could be because I flashed a hybrid prl. I have been digging through the stock.ROM and there is some tricky stuff going on with the adn. Why doesn't some one just dissect the messaging core from the stock so it runs on ginger? I will figure this out tomorrow, or at least a work around. Nifty

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers