Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Unhappy how do i add music from my computer to my LG Optimus V?

I just got it yesterday and it is my first smartphone. When i connect it to my computer that thing that comes out when u connect USBs comes up, but the only option i got is to copy and paste pictures because only the picture folder is in it. Is there a way for me to copy music from my computer and put it in my phone?

yeah, download and install doubletwist at doubletwist.com

this program will let you sync music to your phone.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    89 Global Posts

Another way is to create a Music or MP3 folder on your phone, and then copy your music into that folder. The Music app on your phone (and others you can get from the Market) will scan your SD card for music files and add them to the player(s).

I add all Mp3 to my 8gb MicroSD and play for 4hrs and more..

Just wonder can it play flv file? Like movie file download from youtube? What app?

Global Posts
    89 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TekOne View Post
    I add all Mp3 to my 8gb MicroSD and play for 4hrs and more..

Just wonder can it play flv file? Like movie file download from youtube? What app?
    There is no flash player for the V, but there is a YouTube app that will play YouTube videos. The optional Skyfire browser will play most flash videos from Web sites. You can transcode flv videos to mp4, which the phone will handle with the Gallery player. Other apps can handle other file formats.

Check out Winamp (I prefer it to DoubleTwist) and the Android app includes Wifi sync (no need to connect the phone to USB).

Android Media Player - Winamp for Android™ - Winamp
    Thanked by 2:

I was having this same problem! But all you have to do is plug the phone up, Go to Computer>Removable Disk F>and all your phone folders will open, move your mouse to the bottom of the folder list RIGHT click, and click NEW folder. you can name this anything you wish, i named mine music. Open the folder after creating it, go into your song list on your computer and COPY all the songs you wish from your song list to the folder you have created. Then close your removable disk F, and computer. unplug your phone, go to menu>music>songs and all of the songs you added into the folder you created will be listed! i hope this helps!!!

Thumbs up Re: how do i add music from my computer to my LG Optimus V?

Quote Originally Posted by TVCCS View Post
    Another way is to create a Music or MP3 folder on your phone, and then copy your music into that folder. The Music app on your phone (and others you can get from the Market) will scan your SD card for music files and add them to the player(s).
    Great tip TVCCS! I created a "music" folder on my SD card. Didn't even have to move my .wma music file into the folder. The native Music Player played it just like *snap*. Nice for technology to work so effortlessly.

Default Re: how do i add music from my computer to my LG Optimus V?

That was the dopest instructions on this subject I've come across yet.If I may,i'm not too much into the innards of these fones.I've had mine for 2 years and it runs great (Optimus V),however there are SOME things that confuse me wen it comes to these files,and transferring.If I have ques,can I come to u? sort of like a mentor-in-training?Man,thanks a lot on the techno info.

ROM
    Bean_Whiz-CM10v2.2.2CX

Default Re: how do i add music from my computer to my LG Optimus V?

The folder you make on the SD card has to be spelled MUSIC to be the most effective. All capitals.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using AC Forums mobile app