Hello everyone! I have an Optimus V and I want to custom recover it.

immascorpio1114

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Hello eveyone!
I want to apply a rom on my phone. Zefie's CM7 rom to be exact, unless there's a better rom out there for an Optimus V. But I'm browsing the threads right now and I need a full-proof method on how to custom recover this thing. Some threads just tell you to (backup, flash, recover, etc.) but is there a thread where they actually give you the steps. I'm very tech-savvy but the terms (rooted, e.g) are unfamiliar to me "right now". So can someone please direct me to a thread where everything is specific so I can backup my phone and install the CM7 rom. Please and thank you.

mmmark111

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
Hello eveyone!
I want to apply a rom on my phone. Zefie's CM7 rom to be exact, unless there's a better rom out there for an Optimus V. But I'm browsing the threads right now and I need a full-proof method on how to custom recover this thing. Some threads just tell you to (backup, flash, recover, etc.) but is there a thread where they actually give you the steps. I'm very tech-savvy but the terms (rooted, e.g) are unfamiliar to me "right now". So can someone please direct me to a thread where everything is specific so I can backup my phone and install the CM7 rom. Please and thank you.

Use the program I wrote here. It's very beginner friendly. Ts have everything you need. I'll be posting an updated version tonight though so you might want to wait.

bman123

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Use that version man, you literally just hit any button to install the recovery, there is a backup utility in the recovery also. Backup your phone next. I used reds custom stock vm rom as it was the easiest one to use.

Just dl the rom, put the rom folder on your sd card and flash it thru the recovery menu its super easy

immascorpio1114

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
The CM7 rom wouldn't work when I tried install from SD:update.zip ... it kept saying something like E:...whole file..failed to verify whole signature??

immascorpio1114

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
About the error message..do I have to wipe the data first? And I tried to do a backup but the recovery image doesn't have a backup function...I tried downloading an alternate recovery image and labeling it as vrecovery.img but it kept loading the same one. I trying to custom recover CM7 or the stock virgin + xil...please help

bman123

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I did my backup from the recovery I backed up the stock vm rom so if I had a problem I could go back to it then flash my custom rom again

immascorpio1114

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Okay I got the backup to work..but I'm saying? Do you have to wipe the data and clear the cache partion first? Be causes it's saying "e: failed to verify whole file signature"

bman123

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
What rom are you trying to install? Certain runs need that stuff deleted and some don't I used reds stock vm rom and I didn't wipe anything and it worked the first try

immascorpio1114

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I figured it out! Thanks so much! I used the adb shell method to change the custom recovery and flash the rom on it..its pretty easy now! Think I've got the hang of it :)

Bigtuna00

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Hello eveyone!

My try reading the thread titled "Custom Recovery for Optimus V" that's two posts down from yours? :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781