Troubleshooting Battery Usage

Bigtuna00

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I woke up this morning to find my battery at 23% after ~7 hours from a full charge. This is VERY unusual for my V, I can usually go 20+ hours on that much charge.

Checking the "Battery Use" under Settings showed nothing out of the ordinary. Wifi, Bluetooth, Cell Standby, and Phone Idle were all near 25%, Android System and Display showed a couple of percantage points. No hints there.

I checked the usage history with Spare Parts (network, CPU, other, etc.) and didn't see anything obvious either (more on this later).

So what was different? The night before I had installed two apps:

Fired up Advanced Task Killer and I saw that both of those were still running. I killed both and over the next 2-3 hours only lost another 2% charge. So the problem was one of those apps (I think it was Yelp, I've since uninstalled it but continued using LastPass).

Here's the thing: none of the diagnostic tools reflected this. Neither Battery Use nor Spare Parts mentioned either app.

So how the heck are we supposed to track battery usage if the built-in data appears to be useless? Anyone else run into a similar scenario?

Thanks!

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci