Windows 7 isn't recognizing root...

nickmiller71

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
So I have a quick question for anyone willing to take a shot at this... My Optimus V has been rooted, but for some reason, Windows wont recognize the root privileges. I can't even use the custom recovery app. Anyone have any ideas?

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
So I have a quick question for anyone willing to take a shot at this... My Optimus V has been rooted, but for some reason, Windows wont recognize the root privileges. I can't even use the custom recovery app. Anyone have any ideas?

do you know how to use adb?

nickmiller71

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
ok please describe what you are trying to run that is holding you back

I'm trying to run the ROMTools recovery flasher, and my Optimus V is rooted, but it seems that when I get to the step in the recovery flasher where it is requesting root, I get the $ symbol, and the program doesn't recognize my root privileges. I then tried to go to the terminal to do an ADB shell, and it doesn't recognize it there either. It's really throwing me off, because my device IS rooted. It seems to me that it might be a problem with drivers, but that wouldn't make much sense either, as I downloaded all of them correctly.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I'm trying to run the ROMTools recovery flasher, and my Optimus V is rooted, but it seems that when I get to the step in the recovery flasher where it is requesting root, I get the $ symbol, and the program doesn't recognize my root privileges. I then tried to go to the terminal to do an ADB shell, and it doesn't recognize it there either. It's really throwing me off, because my device IS rooted. It seems to me that it might be a problem with drivers, but that wouldn't make much sense either, as I downloaded all of them correctly.

do you have superuser application in your app drawer?

nickmiller71

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
If you're getting $'s everywhere it most likely means you don't have root access. Try option '2. obtain root and flash recovery' and follow the directions.

Tried that, and it didn't flash the recovery. Also, I know I have root access because if I go into a terminal emulator on the phone, I'm able to enter in su and get a #

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Tried that, and it didn't flash the recovery. Also, I know I have root access because if I go into a terminal emulator on the phone, I'm able to enter in su and get a #

when you enter su when on adb shell from your computer does the superuser app pop up?

nickmiller71

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Yeah when ever you are using an adb connection you're phone should.unlocked with the screen awake

Sent from my SCH-I400 using Tapatalk

Excellent. That was great help. Now I feel really stupid...lol. Thanks again! For the record, the auto recovery flasher still didn't work, but I was able to flash a recovery without it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alfatv