activate.apk & CM7

anon(184007)

Feb 22, 2011
neweragfx.com
I have the latest CM7 aospCMod-20110303 and i can install activate.apk but when i try to run I get a error
SORRY!
The application SSA (process com.telespree.android.client) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.

Is there a way to fix this? It runs on Stock Virgin Mobile + Xionia Kernel but not any other custom roms. Anyone else come across this?

icemank121

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
It will most likely never work. Its made to work with the stock 2.2 ROM, any ROM not based on the default 2.2, like CM7 or a Sprint ROM, it just won't work.

digitaljeannie

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
I tried it on Stock 2.2 emulator. Didn't work there either.

May be going out on a limb here but might not work on an emulator because it's an activation app for the phone and may require it to actually be on a phone with a signal.

Works just fine for me on Xionia+Stock.

kiwimonk

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
May be going out on a limb here but might not work on an emulator because it's an activation app for the phone and may require it to actually be on a phone with a signal.

Works just fine for me on Xionia+Stock.

Not likely because of no radio as the error is exactly the same as the one on a custom rom running on the phone. So this leads me to believe there is something else causing the error and maybe it's because something else is missing.

icemank121

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
LG and VM have code in the frameworks and such that take care of activation etc, its most likely this causing the issues on non-VM roms. This is also why MMS incoming is garbled, stock VM 2.2 has special code to decode MMS. Not to mention the apps may require specific versions of libraries that are different on other ROMS.

dashard

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
Soo? is there a way to flash back to stock rom? I'm trying to pass my phone down to my son (just got a Triumph -- love it) and I'm hitting the wall with this. He doesn't *need* it rooted, so not a prob to backpedal and re-root/re-flash later if needed.

Any ideas? :-!

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Activate uses one f the hidden menus on the rom and some other scripting.
CM roms do not have this, and without it Activate is useless.

You can feed it through any emulator or GB rom, it will simply never work until one of them implements that menu code.

MasterTec

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
Heck activate never worked for me even before I rooted my phone, let alone installed IHO.

I never even had to use that app to set the phone up initially. I still don't quite understand what it does (or what it's supposed to do)

bunanson

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
Activate uses one f the hidden menus on the rom and some other scripting.
CM roms do not have this, and without it Activate is useless.

You can feed it through any emulator or GB rom, it will simply never work until one of them implements that menu code.
I lost my original stock rom on the Op V too. and have tons of custom ROMs for fun and of course, lost the activate button. Happened to bump into paranoid android (ThatGuyLurking), it keeps on nagging one has to activate the phone! Does Paranoid Android keeps the script in their custom ROM? kind of curious. TIA,

bun

badblue1__

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
I lost my original stock rom on the Op V too. and have tons of custom ROMs for fun and of course, lost the activate button. Happened to bump into paranoid android (ThatGuyLurking), it keeps on nagging one has to activate the phone! Does Paranoid Android keeps the script in their custom ROM? kind of curious. TIA,

bun

Just put the. zip of a froyo rom on your sdcard, then when you need the activate app just flash the froyo rom.

It's the only way right now. :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech