Missed your notification, Did not hear the sound. Solutions? Idea's?

Takenover83

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
OK So you did not hear your notification sound. Many Android phones having a flashing LED, so if you miss your sound notification, next time you glance at your phone you would see the flashing LED. Us LG Optimus users do not have this luxury. Any solutions? Maybe a app that makes the phone flash? Maybe make the the lights on the buttons on the bottom flash?

munkyvirus

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
There is a thing for the Intercept called KeyLights that flashes the button lights when their is a notification. Maybe give that a shot?

Takenover83

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I looked into it. I found out the app does not work on 2.2. To bad, because it sounded like a great solution.
Parse error

If you're on froyo (2.2) then it's going to give you that because it wont work above android version 2.1 at least on my intercept this was the case. Too bad we haven't seen an update on this

Takenover83

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
That does work. Even if it is a little over the top. I would love to have something like Keylights working. Thanks for the suggestions.

Edit: sometimes Flash Notify does not work... It has a mind of it's own. Hmmm.

Last edited:

eggFuJON

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
I have been using NoLED. It flashes the screen (you set how long the screen actually stays on and intervals in-between) with the corresponding app's icon (you can set which apps to look out for). You can also set up sound and vibration reminders set according to intervals.

I like the concept of other apps I have tried (Easy Reminder, Missed Call Notifier, others I have forgotten. I don't even know if these names are correct). However, they did not have the range of apps I needed to be notified by. So with NoLED you can set up whatever you have installed and be notified of any reminders that app triggers.

Takenover83

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I think the one from sdx and the one on the file sharing site (mediafire) are the same. None the less, it does not work on 2.2 for me.

eggFuJON

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
I tried it but not thoroughly. I stopped because it wouldn't blink for Google Voice. I was hoping it would blink for anything that triggered an alert. But for texts and, I'm guessing, missed calls it does work well. Haven't tried any other apps.

eggFuJON

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
I guess it's good enough. Not like we'll be leaving our phones down that long, haha! But it does work for texts, be it received by any third-party app like GOsms, Handcent, etc.

And no. Just tested; missed calls don't work. I didn't read thoroughly. But the apk you put up and the site I posted earlier are the same apk. Therefore, as described in that forum, this only works for missed SMS atm.

Takenover83

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Hmm, the file hashes are different, so I will give it a shot and see if this one works.
Edit: It works on 2.2!

Last edited:

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance