Graphics Glitches ?

Starire70

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Just wanted to know if this is normal. I just got the Optimus V and it seems to be more or less a great phone but I've noticed some graphics glitchs and need to know if its normal for droids or this phone or if its a problem with my phone and if I should return it.

In the gmail app the show pictures button sometimes has elongated sides that go all the way down and off the screen.

In the calender sometimes the dates are on top of each other.

When using swype to enter text I get the blue line that shows what your doing but sometimes I get more blue lines going off it in random driections most just down and off the screen.

Sometimes in just about any app little blocks are missing on the buttons like the corner was cut off.

In google nav the screen flashes alot when I have the sat. textures on.

In a game called "Mahjong 3d" tiles are messed up and are enlongated off the screen. It's a 3rd party app so it just could be the app on this but google own apps shouldn't be doing these things. Funny thing is I have no problems with Angry Birds it's perfect and a 3d racing game is fine.

I also notices randomly in the phone setting and or menus or in other apps lines of text will sometimes dissapear but when you scroll the screen they come back. This doesn't happen that much but does sometimes.

Thx,

eggFuJON

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
Sounds like it's defected. Hopefully you didn't get it at a Target for $129 + $20 giftcard because those are selling out everywhere. Then again if you did then that's awesome. I just meant in terms of finding another for exchange.

Starire70

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I more of less knew it was bad just wanted to make sure it's acting like its got a bad graphics processor or video memory if it even has it.

I've been calling everywhere around here trying to find someone that has them in stock but everyone is sold out. Only have 7 more days before I can't return this one so may just have to go without for a while till someone around here gets them back in.

Thx for the quick reply I posted on a couple other forums a couple days ago and no one answered yet.

Starire70

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Just got me a new one and it's perfect, like night and day compared to the other. The bad one was slower and had the glitches and Nav forced closed most of the time. New one none of that.

No I got the 1st one at Walmart (Work there as overnight electronics so I saw them come in and as soon as my sift was over had my 1st shift replacement ring me up, we only got 2 in and I got the bad one lol.)

I been calling around since 2-28-11 and everyone was out around here (Daytona, St. Aug Fl area) till today Best Buy just got some in so I bought it online and picked it up at the store.

Delrahim69

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Mine LAGS big time when playing angry birds. It will work fine on some stages but then just drag ass. Like on angry birds 2-16, it just slows down. I can play an earlier stage it works fine. But with AB seasons it's hit or miss what stage will work fine or lag. Wen I shoot bird it's in slo mo and impossible to play.

Anyone having this problem? Anyway to fix it?

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae