PRL Swap for the V on VM (latest PRL for Sprint Towers).

mmarz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
The PRL should in no way effect the touchscreen. Try flashing a different rom. If a rom changes fixes it, then your system files or kernel are the problem. Try doing a fresh install.

Another cause could be the moving itself. Changing climates/humidity changes can cause moisture to form inside electronics. If the problem will not go away no matter what you flash, you may have damaged something inside the phone.

These are my best guesses as to the issue.

brian117

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Just had a question. Is it possible for different PRL's to effect your TWS (time without signal) percentage? I am currently using the 01120 PRL and my TWS is like 70-90%. Now I don't know if that's a bad thing but from research I'd say it was. This PRL has been working fine for me and all 3G connectivity works but just curious if maybe I should try different PRL's or go back to the stock one to lower this TWS issue. I do not want my battery draining from this. Thanks.

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Just had a question. Is it possible for different PRL's to effect your TWS (time without signal) percentage? I am currently using the 01120 PRL and my TWS is like 70-90%. Now I don't know if that's a bad thing but from research I'd say it was. This PRL has been working fine for me and all 3G connectivity works but just curious if maybe I should try different PRL's or go back to the stock one to lower this TWS issue. I do not want my battery draining from this. Thanks.

Yes, it can effect your tws. A new PRL may locate a new tower to connect to.
Hunting for a signal uses more power than just staying connected, so yes, 90% is bad.

Superorb

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
The PRL should in no way effect the touchscreen. Try flashing a different rom. If a rom changes fixes it, then your system files or kernel are the problem. Try doing a fresh install.

Another cause could be the moving itself. Changing climates/humidity changes can cause moisture to form inside electronics. If the problem will not go away no matter what you flash, you may have damaged something inside the phone.

These are my best guesses as to the issue.

It seems like the problem only happens when connected via USB and debug mode is on. Once disconnected it works fine. I've never noticed it do this before though.

daubster

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
While reading this thread, I came upon the link for checking your MSL code on Virgin Mobile site. The last post I read about it stated it didn't work anymore. I just tried it out and it worked fine for me.

First sign on to your VM account. Then type in the following:
https://www1.virginmobileusa.com/myaccount/home.dosdf

It did give me an ERROR 404, but it listed all kinds of info and in there was the MSL number (six digits).

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
While reading this thread, I came upon the link for checking your MSL code on Virgin Mobile site. The last post I read about it stated it didn't work anymore. I just tried it out and it worked fine for me.

It did give me an ERROR 404, but it listed all kinds of info and in there was the MSL number (six digits).

yeah it appears to be working again.

slyr114

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
is there any way to change the prl if you are on a mac or maybe directly from the phone? i am on vacation and am getting very weak reception, 3g drops in and out without me even moving.... i only have my macbook with me but i was wondering if there was a software like qpst for mac as well?

Jk16w

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
Ok so I am using the PRL: 60680, seeing better results for the last 40mins.

I am wondering if this is the newest PRL, if there is a better PRL, and what towers do 60680 use.

3deal

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
It seems the signal bar doesn't show 3g level. I set the network in evdo only then the signal level would stay in -120 but the signal bar is changing.

chuang4u

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Ok so I am using the PRL: 60680, seeing better results for the last 40mins.

I am wondering if this is the newest PRL, if there is a better PRL, and what towers do 60680 use.

i am also wondering about this. anyone know? and is 61677 the most up to date hybrid prl?

davidh44

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site

Looks like it stopped working again. It was working when I previously tried 4 days ago.

I went from 61007 to 60680 tonight. Open Signal Maps showed connecting to the same tower as always, yet Speedtest app went from 100ms ping 500kbps/200kbps right before the PRL swap to 140ms 2200kbps/400kbps right after. I did multiple speedtests to the same server to make sure there weren't any anomalies (not uncommon). I've gotten 2000kbps+ in the past at non-peak hours with 61007, but not lately.

Is Open Signal Maps known to be inaccurate in identifying the tower to which the phone is connecting? If not, then I guess I have to chalk it up to another speedtest variation over a short period of time. A PRL swap shouldn't make any difference in speed unless I'm connecting to a different tower.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC