PRL Swap for the V on VM (latest PRL for Sprint Towers).

mmarz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Someone on XDA-devs took what they found here, and wrote a nice guide.
[HOW TO] Change PRL on Virgin Mobile LG Optimus V - xda-developers

The 61007 PRL on google docs and on xda, all share the same hash-check, as the original 61007 PRL that was found(and shared here). So I am unsure if it is truly a Virgin Mobile PRL.

I just found out how to back up the stock PRL. Use CDMA workshop 2.7. Click the "Other" tab and read your PRL using LG and NAM1. It's too late for me since I flashed over the stock PRL, but others can do it.

Last edited:

Takenover83

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I just found out how to back up the stock PRL. Use CDMA workshop 2.7. Click the other tab and read your PRL using LG and NAM1. It's too late for me since I flashed over the stock rom, but others can do it.

That works. I will add that info to post #1, so maybe someone can help us out. Thanks.
Edit: Post #1 updated.

Last edited:

optimus_v

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Did this work for anyone?
I manage to flash the Sprint PRL and even to FORCE roaming using the information in "Force Roaming" App for Android HTC Hero - Page 2 - xda-developers

I can confirm I connect to a Verizon tower instead of Sprint with the trick above. However, the phone does not get data, and if I try to place a call I get an automated message from Verizon!

For all that just updated the PRL, I suppose you saw "roaming" briefly, just long enough for the phone to try to connect to the tower and be rejected, so going back to Sprint...

My conclusion is that the Verizon towers are blocking the phone from roaming!
Please correct me if I'm wrong and someone manage to effectively roam on with a Virgin Mobile prepaid.

mmarz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I don't know about the force roaming method, but my phone was definitely saying "digital roaming" and there was a triangle in the status bar. With that, I made calls and surfed the web. I haven't tested it much since, but it worked at that moment.

HondaDNA95

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Ok my phone reboots like it should when I wright the PRL to it but it boots up with 61007 still as the PRL. I think I'm done playing with it...

mmarz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Ok my phone reboots like it should when I wright the PRL to it but it boots up with 61007 still as the PRL. I think I'm done playing with it...

Could you play just a bit more? :) We still need the 61007 PRL. Can you back up your PRL using the directions in the first post? And then upload it here? It only involves reading from the phone and should pose no danger to it. We still don't have a backup of the stock PRL in case we need to reverse what we have done.

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I attempted just now to back up my PRL using the directions on page 1. You need a licensed version of CDMA Workshop to do that, and I do not have a licensed copy, nor was I able to find a cracked copy that did not infect my system with viruses..

Desmock

Banned
Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone had any luck with this fully? I'm not talking about no coverage going to spotty coverage or slow speed going to slightly less slow speed. I'm talking about full on 500kb speed to like 2000kb jump on speed (Just an example, people).

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

asadullah

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site
I just found out how to back up the stock PRL. Use CDMA workshop 2.7. Click the "Other" tab and read your PRL using LG and NAM1. It's too late for me since I flashed over the stock PRL, but others can do it.

That works. I will add that info to post #1, so maybe someone can help us out. Thanks.
Edit: Post #1 updated.

On page four I think it is I posted the stock virgin mobile prl.
HERE IS THE STOCK 61007 PRL

asadullah

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site
How did you get it? Because it is identical to the 61007 PRL from Sprint.

I pulled it awhile back I have a cracked version of cdma workshop I think I did a video on it. I wouldn't be surprised if it was the same prl as sprint since sprint owns them and they use the same data. On a side note I have problems with both cdma workshop and QPST except when I'm in recovery (I use getitnowmarketings recovery) On android forums I did a write up on how to connect to the diag drivers.

mmarz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
So here is what I've seen so far. I can connect to the non-sprint towers, but they kick me off every min or so and my phone has to reconnect. The data connection will load google.com but no other sites and all searches fail. Phone calls do not go through either. I get the message that was mentioned earlier about purchasing a card.

This could mean that it doesn't work...or it could mean that not all towers work. I could swear that I was roaming and making a call a few days ago. Maybe Virgin saw threads like this one and at XDA and put a stop to it. I don't know...

mmarz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I pulled it awhile back I have a cracked version of cdma workshop I think I did a video on it. I wouldn't be surprised if it was the same prl as sprint since sprint owns them and they use the same data. On a side note I have problems with both cdma workshop and QPST except when I'm in recovery (I use getitnowmarketings recovery) On android forums I did a write up on how to connect to the diag drivers.

Ok, just making sure. Thank you for providing it! So when in that recovery, it doesn't give a read error with QPST?

jmel

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
I'd be really shocked if towers even allowed this. It is such a simple thing for vmobile to block at the tower level, regardless of what is done to the phone...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000