PRL Swap for the V on VM (latest PRL for Sprint Towers).

anon(184007)

Feb 22, 2011
neweragfx.com
Anyone try the 60679 yet? My friends V service is bad when mine is good in the same room. I have sprint tho. I want to help her out but don't want to break anything.

Sent from my mystical EVO

bennyhu22

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Reading the whole post I've gotten a little confused. Can somebody kindly tell me the # of the most up to date hybrid prl? Thank you in advance.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

brian117

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Reading the whole post I've gotten a little confused. Can somebody kindly tell me the # of the most up to date hybrid prl? Thank you in advance.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

The latest hybrid PRL is 61677. All the others are standalone PRL's with no change in roaming entries.

Wonder if somebody will make a 60679 hybrid though.

firefly2004

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
Sprint PRLs

Using the 01115 and 60678 and set Home Only seems to work fine for me, no hybrid needed.

Edit: Sorry typo, running 60678 not 60679. My apologies.

Last edited:

bennyhu22

May 21, 2011
Visit site
The latest hybrid PRL is 61677. All the others are standalone PRL's with no change in roaming entries.

Wonder if somebody will make a 60679 hybrid though.

Thanks for the response. That's the one I'm using. I've looked everywhere for 60679 with no luck

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

mmarz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I have 60679 on my evo. Tell how how to extract it and ill upload it.

Sent from my mystical EVO

Awesome! Follow the directions on the first page. They apply for a wide variety of phones. Stop on step 17 after you save the qnc file. Disconnect your phone. Then do the following.

1. Close QPST Service Programming
  2. Open QPST Service Programming
  3. Select "Work offline" and pick SURF6025-ZR6000-P. Hit OK.
  4. Select Open and pick the qnc file you created in Step 17.
  5. Once you do that, the program will extract the prl from the qnc file and save it as a (whatever).rl0
  6. Rename the file to 60679.prl and upload it, please :)

Thank you!

mmarz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Ok here it is, i did as both posts say. Let me know if it works.

Thanks!

Update:
Wait No one flash this yet. There is an issue with it. I suggest Magical take down the file immediately.

Update 2:
I fixed the file. Here it is:

http://www.mediafire.com/?46la47h2va99eaw

No one try to flash Magical's as it will mess up your phone. Thank her though because from her file I extracted the prl.

Last edited:

anon(184007)

Feb 22, 2011
neweragfx.com
Thanks!

Update:
Wait No one flash this yet. There is an issue with it. I suggest Magical take down the file immediately.

Update 2:
I fixed the file. Here it is:

60679.rar

No one try to flash Magical's as it will mess up your phone. Thank him though because from his file I extracted the prl.

Thank you sir, sorry for not getting it on the first try lol. I never used those tools before. But if you need a updated PRL ill try better next time. Glad you got it working. Let me know how it goes so i can put it on my friends V.

Question, with the latest PRL, will the 3g gain any speed? And will the reception be any better?

mmarz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Thank you sir, sorry for not getting it on the first try lol. I never used those tools before. But if you need a updated PRL ill try better next time. Glad you got it working. Let me know how it goes so i can put it on my friends V.

Question, with the latest PRL, will the 3g gain any speed? And will the reception be any better?

I worked just fine. I have it loaded on my phone now. Thank you for volunteering to be a source. I'll post better instructions for uploading the PRL. Sorry about that.

What the PRL will do is give your friend the same non-roaming coverage that you have. If that includes towers that are close to him that were once excluded using his original VM PRL, then yes, he will see increased speeds. If he already gets good reception, then his speeds probably won't change. If you live in a major city, then your speeds are more controlled by network congestion than by reception issues. Either way, it can't hurt.

Superorb

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Whenever I load a PRL other than the stock 61007 and try to make a call it says "the number or code entered is invalid." Also, I get a "Code 97" error when sending texts. In QPST, I checked Home Only, loaded the PRL file, hit write to phone, entered the MSL, and the phone reboot. It shows the correct PRL revision in the phone's settings as well. Am I doing something wrong?

I was fine on the 01115 and hybrid 61677 for weeks, then last weekend it started doing the errors noted above. Any ideas?

mmarz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Whenever I load a PRL other than the stock 61007 and try to make a call it says "the number or code entered is invalid." Also, I get a "Code 97" error when sending texts. In QPST, I checked Home Only, loaded the PRL file, hit write to phone, entered the MSL, and the phone reboot. It shows the correct PRL revision in the phone's settings as well. Am I doing something wrong?

I was fine on the 01115 and hybrid 61677 for weeks, then last weekend it started doing the errors noted above. Any ideas?

I've heard of problems when your neighbors have a Sprint Airwave: Sprint Community: Airave and Virgin Mobile issues?

Maybe that is the problem. Have you tested in any other locations?

I've used the Sprint PRL's all over So Cal without issue.

Superorb

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I've heard of problems when your neighbors have a Sprint Airwave: Sprint Community: Airave and Virgin Mobile issues?

Maybe that is the problem. Have you tested in any other locations?

I've used the Sprint PRL's all over So Cal without issue.
I've used two Sprint PRL's for weeks without issue, but without warning it just stopped working last Saturday evening.

It seems like the Airave blocks non-Sprint phones. So, my wife's VM only phone should be blocked when my Sprint-PRL phone should work. Instead, it's the opposite, and my wife's phone works fine when mine does not. I've also noticed that both of our phones will not work for long periods of time, and this is with me on the VM PRL as well. Is there any way for me to know if any of my neighbors have an Airave? We're in an apartment and I have close to 20 other units in my building.

EDIT: Well, I'm not getting the Airave's error message about being on a private Sprint network, so I don't know what's up.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech