Music - Hardly ever working. [SOLVED!]

EpicCyndaquil

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I've tested quite a few things, and perhaps the problem can be best explained in my results.

Playing mp3s and other local audio files with "Music" (default player) - Refuses to play, instead just plays ~2-5 seconds of a song and skips to another. I have NEVER gotten this to work.

Playing mp3s and other local audio files with "Music Player" - works for a bit, but still has tons of issues similar to "Music" after a few songs.

Playing mp3s and other local audio files with "Player" - Nearly identical results to "Music Player".

Youtube - works perfectly.
Last.fm - works perfectly (on Xionia, slightly overclocked).

I've tried various kernels and ROMs and clock speeds, and have yet to get local music working as it should. There's no way I should be the only one. I've tried 2 different microSD cards, the included and another (cheap and slow one I thought might be the problem). But no matter what I try, I get the same results.

Does anyone have any tips or suggestions? Or is there at least anyone else who can confirm this problem?

Last edited:

r00t

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I noticed this with some of my OGG music files, I assumed it was the encoding method? Do you get your music as ringtones played fine?

EpicCyndaquil

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I noticed this with some of my OGG music files, I assumed it was the encoding method? Do you get your music as ringtones played fine?

I don't think it's the encoding method, and here's why.

1. Ringtones, etc work PERFECTLY.

2. I created some ringtones with Ringdroid, and the MP3 files played fine in there while selecting the portion I wanted to use. The created ringtones and notification tones work perfectly as well. But those same MP3 files I used to create a ringtone will not play in music players.

rentonj7

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried without having the last.fm app installed? I was experiencing a similar problem until I uninstalled the last.fm app and used simple scrobbler to scrobble songs.

Reactions: EpicCyndaquil

EpicCyndaquil

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried without having the last.fm app installed? I was experiencing a similar problem until I uninstalled the last.fm app and used simple scrobbler to scrobble songs.

DEAR GOD YOU'RE RIGHT!

I'd still like to stream Last.fm from my phone sometimes though. Oh well, guess I can just install it when I want it, uninstall after.

Jaruddd

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Or install another media player app. For some reason it seems as though only the native media player is affected by this, but I've been using DoubleTwist and it works just fine.

Reactions: EpicCyndaquil

nickmiller71

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
I had this same problem and made a post a few weeks ago but no one responded, lol. Another way to fix this is to put a 2.3 Rom on your phone. For some reason, all of the stock roms or variations of them on the V don't make friends well with last.fm. lol

Sent from my LG Optimus V using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci