{how 2 install} honeycomb music player

00damedash

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
B4 i paste these instructions lol i am aware that there are multiple threads in other device forums i juss felt the Optimus V should have 1 also soo.......

**i will post a video that it workz on the V as i get my hands on a another phone**

Instruction of installing

b4 you continue, please please PLEASE!!!! backup the original Music.apk from /system/app in case the methods fails for you use titanium if u have 2!!! juss make sure u backip the original .apk 1st

adb method

1) First of all copy these 2 file in root of your sd card (click to download)

Music.apk click here--> https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/20008953/Music.apk

libjumper.so click here--> https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/20008953/libjumper.so

2) turn on usb debugging in phone

3) now open adb shell and use these commands

(for those who dont kno after every command there will be a # after every command/after u press enter i removed tha # so u guys can just copy & paste into cmd or terminal)

adb shell
su
mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock1 /system
cd sdcard
cp Music.apk /system/app it should force close here its ok continue
cp libjumper.so /system/lib
reboot

(alternatively you can also write the above in terminal emulator )

4 now the phone will reboot and you should have your music player replaced

if you did'nt find any changes or found music app missing repeat the above steps and reboot phone one more time

Desmock

Banned
Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Is this the same guy I hassled about proper spelling, last time? Seriously, it's great that you want to help, but if you're going to make a tutorial, make it so that everyone understands it. Proper spelling and grammar are essential in tutorials and HOW TO threads. Not trying to sound like an arse or anything, but I know most of the people I know online dislike reading "juss" instead of "just" and "b4" instead of "before" and the "z" instead of the "s" on the end of words.

BrianTufo

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
The only thing I don't like about the motorola music player is the lack of lock screen controls. So I went with double twist.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I installed this on zefies cm7 port.
After about 300 FC I gave up and installed the stock one back.
I did find that as long as it wasnt trying to sync with google it would play fine.
Sometimes tho it would just FC in the middle of a song or start playing 15 seconds of all songs in the playlist.

Its nice and neat looking on the xoom, but not so neat looking on our phones. Personally I would just use the stock GB one and wait for some polish on this for us "retro" os users.

T

thorasaurus

The only thing I don't like about the motorola music player is the lack of lock screen controls. So I went with double twist.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Sometimes for the lockscreen controls it depends on the Rom. For example, the Gingerbread roms have lockscreen controls that work for the Motorola player; you just need to enable them in settings.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vignajeanniegolabek