MMS showing up blank after download possible fix!

Gutterball

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Ok I've had issues with mms on stock and custom roms on virgin mobile. The biggest problem is that mms messages would dl but would come up blank.Especially if the sender is on at&t for some reason?!

I just figured out how to fix this! After searching a bunch of forums and finding no answers I decided to try youtube and low and behold thats where I found the solution. Theres 2 possible fixes. the first one is to just shut wifi off while you are dling the mms to your phone thats the easiest but did nothing for me but I did see alot of people who had success just doing that in the youtube comments so it may work for you.

Now onto the second. First of all go grab handcent from the market and install it. Now if you receive an mms open it up with handcent when it asks you to dl it dl it. When it is finished it will automatically pop up with a blank box which looks like you didnt actually get sh#t! But the weird part is its actually there. So click and hold on the blank spot where your picture would be. When the menu pops up choose "copy attached to sd card" This will now save it to the download of "sdcard/handcent/downloads" the attachments will now be in there for viewing!

Now I did this once and all of a sudden after doing this I started getting all my mms regularly without having to do this method again even the people who send from at&T! I don't know why that got it working on its own but it does and I now have regular working mms after a month of not getting anything!

Hope this helps someone out as I've heard of many others with this issue!

Last edited:
Reactions: mysticalnyte

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12