Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock/Stock

Default Post Your Home Screen v1.1

With the demise of the old topic due to rules violations, I'm taking it upon myself to create a new "Post Your Home Screen" Topic for the Optimus V. However, please DO NOT DISCUSS how to steal/pirate/etc. applications. It does not make the powers that be happy.

As far as how to take a screenshot, the simplest way to do so (as anyone who has ever rooted their device should have this) is to load up the Dalvik Debug Monitor Server (DDMS) with your phone connected to your computer in USB Debugging Mode (Under Menu>>Settings>>Applications>>Development, make sure that USB Debugging is checked). DDMS is included in the Android SDK (specifically the SDK Tools), which requires Oracle Java JDK. Once loaded, select your device in the list (it should be the only one there), and hit Ctrl+S to open up the screenshot window. In it, one can save the screenshot given, refresh and get an updated screenshot, or close the window.

Here's a sample to get things going...

Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    ROM
    Changes to Often

All 3 of my screen's.
    LauncherPro (MnmlText by UltraLinx icons), Weather Widgets, Switch Pro Widgets

SugarSync (5GB Cloud) Referral Link. - We each get 500MB extra.
    Guide to Play MP4's from the Cloud. Guide to Free VOIP using Google Voice and Groove IP.

QUESTION: I was looking at a Homescreen today and I was wondering how to get the 5 black icons (launcher?) at the bottom?

LauncherPro

My question is. How do you get an awesome home screen rather than stock :P
    Thanked by:
    Banned

ROM
    RodimusROM v1.2.2

The Market app... Search Launcher. Some uses Launcher Pro, ADW Launcher, GO Launcher EX, Launcher 7 (If you like how those new Windows phones look), and there are a few others but the first 3 are probably the most used.
    Banned

ROM
    RodimusROM v1.2.2

xSolid, you keep spamming, why? Anyways... here's my new home screens.

EDIT: I dunno why the icons on the bottom of screen 3 turned out like that... but eh, they still provide the link to the app they go to. One is a music downloader, another is Sound Hound, and the last is a voice recorder.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post Your Home Screen v1.1-screenshot.png   Post Your Home Screen v1.1-screenshot_2.png   Post Your Home Screen v1.1-screenshot_3.png  

Global Posts
    1,575 Global Posts
    ROM
    Some arrogant a-holes

Quote Originally Posted by Desmock View Post
    xSolid, you keep spamming, why? Anyways... here's my new home screens.

EDIT: I dunno why the icons on the bottom of screen 3 turned out like that... but eh, they still provide the link to the app they go to. One is a music downloader, another is Sound Hound, and the last is a voice recorder.
    Did you do app2sd after putting them on the screen?
    That looks like a widget dock, have you tried reskinning the icon with a new pic?

ROM
    RodimusRom v1.2.2/Xionia

Oh Yeeeeah

Here is mine now:

I just changed from this:

Android in training

Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by idbl_fanatic View Post
    Here is mine now:

I just changed from this:

What clock is that?

in the market, there is an app call "analog clock collection" it's number 25
    Banned

ROM
    RodimusROM v1.2.2

lol the widget dock you see is Widgetsoid, it doesn't allow reskinning, you have to delete the dock and remake it in order to edit anything on it.

But no, I didn't do App2SD afterwards, I always do that step RIGHT after installing an app, saves all the headache in the world later on.

Global Posts
    1,575 Global Posts
    ROM
    Some arrogant a-holes

That is odd.
    /shrug
    Maybe widgetsoid said FU and used a generic icon ha.

Default ShootMe app

Well, there is an easier way to get screenshots of this phone.. "ShootMe" app from the market works without root.. Just sayin

Anyway.. Here's mine, still workin on it..

Post Your Home Screen v1.1-snap20110318_215634.pngPost Your Home Screen v1.1-snap20110318_215448.pngPost Your Home Screen v1.1-snap20110318_215611.pngPost Your Home Screen v1.1-snap20110318_215620.png
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock/Stock

Quote Originally Posted by onig_121 View Post
    Well, there is an easier way to get screenshots of this phone.. "ShootMe" app from the market works without root.. Just sayin.
    1.) I suggested DDMS because most anyone who has downloaded the Android SDK used the SDK Package Manager to download the package that contains this.
    2.) Your images aren't showing, likely because you're hotlinking them to the image attachment in a GMail message. Please upload to a image host such as ImageShack or Flickr.

Quote Originally Posted by BiafraRepublic View Post
    1.) I suggested DDMS because most anyone who has downloaded the Android SDK used the SDK Package Manager to download the package that contains this.
    2.) Your images aren't showing, likely because you're hotlinking them to the image attachment in a GMail message. Please upload to a image host such as ImageShack or Flickr.

Cool, well I find it easier to use the ShootMe app so umm, thanks for letting me know.. It worked when I first attached the screenshots.. I don't have any ImageShack or Flickr account so I just uploaded them here.
    Banned

ROM
    RodimusROM v1.2.2

Quote Originally Posted by joryb View Post
    My wife had that same widget for her date and time and weather... The clock kept lagging badly, so I got her beautiful widget.

Quote Originally Posted by Desmock View Post
    My wife had that same widget for her date and time and weather... The clock kept lagging badly, so I got her beautiful widget.
    it runs fine on my phone running at 825mhz, and my wifes stock lg vortex, only problem i have with it is touching it to get the weather to come up. I'll try beautiful widget out, i want a more stock htc evo looking clock widget

Default Official: Post a Screenshot of Optimus V Desktop

Since everyone is rooting and using different ROMs and themes, I thought it'd be nice if we can see what we can compile. Basic idea is to share new ideas and whatnot. I haven't found a thread on it yet so hope this works. I'll start I guess.

Got it, thanks!
Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast