How do I use my Optimus V as a dedicated MP3 player?

Z00k33p3r

Jun 23, 2012
Visit site
In prepping for a yard sale I came across my old Optimus V with Harmonia 2.08 (Thanks LeslieAnn). I decided I would like to use it to stream music via Wi-Fi from my WHS 2011 media server while mowing the lawn and doing yard work, etc. however I can't seem to figure out how to do it. It is a fresh install with nothing added. My network, connectable by wi-fi is not browsable by the default music player nor by folder and the phone is not browsable by USB from my PC (SD card only). Of course any media I place on the SD card is playable. My preference would be to use Google Music as I do on my main phone, as Google has my library and the transition from wi-fi to 4G is seamless. The ability to stream Pandora, Spotify, and others would be a nice bonus. If I log in to the play store from the Optimus, necessary to use Google music, will they attempt to force feed all the apps on my main device? I really don't need anything else. I ran over a device once :( and would like to keep my Galaxy indoors where it's safe. Plus the Optimus V fits nicely in the cup holder on the riding mower where my Samsung Galaxy is too large.

Thanks

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
While they won't install stuff from another device, they'll update themselves. Play services and play store updates together will overflow your /data free space by themselves and not leave room for Music.
You can use the os2sd kitkat rom, which isn't space-limited, but you need a good, fast sd card or it'll lag and stutter badly. I'm actually working on updating it now, cm11 with june 1 security patch.
Trying to sort out the gapps problems with armv6... they have a lot that won't run. Music will, though. Biggest issue is Play services FC's nearly constantly cause they built the armeabi version with some armv7 code in it. Makes our old armv6 chips un-happy.
Just renewed on the last possible day to hold my ancient grandfathered $25 plan! And, I hadn't noticed, but they raised the minutes from 300 to 1000. Nearly makes up for that 2.5GB data cap they stuck on in 2011 or 2012 or whenever it was.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34