- 05-14-2011, 11:03 PM #201
- 05-16-2011, 10:12 PM #202
- 9 Posts
Thanks for the tech support #. Had to use it today as my account locked up for data.
This was due to some provisioning issue as the due date on my account would end today. But got locked out of data usage. Kept on getting the redirect to the virginmoblileusa.com site even though I should not have. Calls worked just fine, but no path to the internet. This number is to the top level support from what I can tell by talking to them. If you are nice, and you ask the right questions, they will talk to you about what they do to the VM network. Interesting conversation with them about why you will never get full bandwidth on VM. (Let's just say a few bad apples spoil the bunch.... bittorrent type users hammered the system originally with over 60GB data in a month).
Called the # given above and they researched and fixed it right then and there. Even got a free month out of it.
Thanks again for the info.
- 05-18-2011, 09:30 AM #203
- 05-31-2011, 09:16 PM #204
- 11 Posts
My datas been out for about an hour
My 3G is out again in North Brooklyn, New York City. The guy in india wouldn't even bother with the keypad reset, said everyones affected ? really. Guess I'll wait till tomorrow and see.
UPDATE:Called the 1877 Number, they are telling me it should be on in a few hours, as they are supposedly doing an upgrade.
This bites, never had an issue with my boostmobile blackberry, tethered that baby too. Oh well patience I guess.
Last edited by tony roma; 05-31-2011 at 10:48 PM.
- 05-31-2011, 09:52 PM #205
- 05-31-2011, 09:57 PM #206
- 05-31-2011, 10:07 PM #207
- 05-31-2011, 10:26 PM #208
- 05-31-2011, 10:34 PM #209
- 05-31-2011, 10:39 PM #210
- 05-31-2011, 11:00 PM #211
- 05-31-2011, 11:15 PM #212
- 05-31-2011, 11:17 PM #213
- 05-31-2011, 11:34 PM #214
- 05-31-2011, 11:59 PM #215
- 06-01-2011, 01:26 AM #216
- 06-01-2011, 01:53 AM #217
- 06-01-2011, 03:29 AM #218
- 900 Posts
this wasnt a bad one. sure 90% of everyones 3G was cut off without warning, but virgin mobile was quick to comment on it (did anyone check their facebook page? they commented that they were aware and itd be back asap)
and by golly? it was turned back on!!
nothing to complain about here. woulda been better without an outage AT ALL, but hey it coulda been a heck of a lot worse.
im still a happy customer
- 06-01-2011, 06:33 AM #219
- 06-01-2011, 06:37 AM #220
- 06-01-2011, 09:12 AM #221
- 29 Posts
I guess not too many VM employees check Facebook.
They should probably post a couple memos next time by the watercoolers at Customer Service and the Tech Dept.
Even after they put an announcement on their 800 line, their own people were clueless that anything was going on. The tech dept. decided to send me a new phone. I guess I'll just sent it back and avoid the hassle of reinstalling all my apps.
I had no service in VT from about 1 PM Monday. Came back sometime during the night.
- 06-02-2011, 01:47 AM #222
Had no data coverage in the south sound area of Washington state for a while. It started last night with a short period of MMS messages not working. Then today I lost all data coverage. Called Virgin about it and they said there was an outage earlier in the day, but it had already been resolved.
- 06-02-2011, 11:15 AM #223
- 06-03-2011, 01:27 PM #224
- 06-03-2011, 05:07 PM #225