Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Quote Originally Posted by SeekingTruth View Post
    After 3 calls to support they have finally admitted that there is, in fact, a 3G outage. No reason given, promised to be fixed in 24-72 hours (but may be as long as 5 days). Also stated that outage is far wider than northern NJ.

Surprised I have not yet seen anything in the press about this. [HL]Interested to hear if others are seeing the problem.[/HL]
    I dont know what # your calling. If you dont have this one try this # 1-877-600-8065 the call center is in the USA not India. I have had better luck with that #. When you call it just say tech support, when they answer they say VM. If you have # disregard. FYI Indiana here, no issues with 3G
    Thanked by:

@lance1955

Thanks for the tech support #. Had to use it today as my account locked up for data.

This was due to some provisioning issue as the due date on my account would end today. But got locked out of data usage. Kept on getting the redirect to the virginmoblileusa.com site even though I should not have. Calls worked just fine, but no path to the internet. This number is to the top level support from what I can tell by talking to them. If you are nice, and you ask the right questions, they will talk to you about what they do to the VM network. Interesting conversation with them about why you will never get full bandwidth on VM. (Let's just say a few bad apples spoil the bunch.... bittorrent type users hammered the system originally with over 60GB data in a month).

Called the # given above and they researched and fixed it right then and there. Even got a free month out of it.

Thanks again for the info.
    Thanked by:

No problem. I found the # somewhere on the net. And took a shot at the dark and called it. They fixed my issue and like you I got a free months of service out of it. And knock on wood so far Ive not had any other issues since I called that # and spoke with them.

Default My datas been out for about an hour

My 3G is out again in North Brooklyn, New York City. The guy in india wouldn't even bother with the keypad reset, said everyones affected ? really. Guess I'll wait till tomorrow and see.

UPDATE:Called the 1877 Number, they are telling me it should be on in a few hours, as they are supposedly doing an upgrade.
    This bites, never had an issue with my boostmobile blackberry, tethered that baby too. Oh well patience I guess.
    Last edited by tony roma; 05-31-2011 at 09:48 PM.

Just like the title says. ITS OUT AGAIN!

It keeps coming and going in kansas

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

ROM
    Rooted Stock

Out since about 5PM, came back at 6, out at 6:30. Minnesota.

ROM
    Quattrimus 4.0.4

Out since 5 here in Detroit Mi. Still nothing as of 10pm.

Outage here in New York since about 9:00, and i thought i had a problem after flashing a new PRL. Thanks VM....

I thought my phone was going BAD!

Reflash the ROm and still the same thing.

Now I know I'm not alone.

ROM
    aosp cm7 w/ xionia v14

Troy/Albany New York data has been down since about 7-8pm and. Is still down now at 11pm

Thanked by:

so cal here...been out since 2 pm..still out...

Quote Originally Posted by tony roma View Post
    My 3G is out again in North Brooklyn, New York City. The guy in india wouldn't even bother with the keypad reset, said everyones affected ? really. Guess I'll wait till tomorrow and see.

UPDATE:Called the 1877 Number, they are telling me it should be on in a few hours, as they are supposedly doing an upgrade.
    This bites, never had an issue with my boostmobile blackberry, tethered that baby too. Oh well patience I guess.
    Ha, "doing an upgrade" must be the new marketing-speak for "outage."

Quote Originally Posted by zachary.rafferty View Post
    Troy/Albany New York data has been down since about 7-8pm and. Is still down now at 11pm

Seconded, down in Schenectady as well.

ROM
    Harmonia 2.06

3G is back up here in South Carolina, was only out for about 3 hours.

ROM
    Rooted Stock

Back up

Back up, los Angeles

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

this wasnt a bad one. sure 90% of everyones 3G was cut off without warning, but virgin mobile was quick to comment on it (did anyone check their facebook page? they commented that they were aware and itd be back asap)

and by golly? it was turned back on!!

nothing to complain about here. woulda been better without an outage AT ALL, but hey it coulda been a heck of a lot worse.

im still a happy customer

ROM
    aosp cm7 w/ xionia v14

Back up as of 615 this morning almost 10 hours down -.-

Edit: guess for like 25 bucks a month I can't complain haha

ROM
    aosp cm7 w/ xionia v14

A system automated text message would have been nice to warn us all.

I guess not too many VM employees check Facebook.

They should probably post a couple memos next time by the watercoolers at Customer Service and the Tech Dept.

Even after they put an announcement on their 800 line, their own people were clueless that anything was going on. The tech dept. decided to send me a new phone. I guess I'll just sent it back and avoid the hassle of reinstalling all my apps.

I had no service in VT from about 1 PM Monday. Came back sometime during the night.

Global Posts
    38 Global Posts

Had no data coverage in the south sound area of Washington state for a while. It started last night with a short period of MMS messages not working. Then today I lost all data coverage. Called Virgin about it and they said there was an outage earlier in the day, but it had already been resolved.

Well...obviously not.
    Sith Lord

My 3g went out on May Tuesday evening around 5:00pm and came back on sometime late that night. I turned my phone off before going to sleep that night. When I turned my phone back on the next morning, 3g was back. Central Texas

3g out around San Francisco bay?

nevermind. got it back with airplane mode.

Its been acting up since 2PM today 3G / 1x central Indiana.
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast