LG Optimus V: Won't Connect To Internet
05-25-2014 08:59 AM
- I just purchased an LG Optimus V from Radio Shack yesterday to try it out, along with the $25 a month plan. It places calls & sends texts okay, but it absolutely WILL NOT do any Internet activity whatsoever over the Virgin Mobile network (it will over wi-fi).
I have called them & had them reset the network, I've power-cycled, removed the battery, engaged-disengaged airport mode--no matter, it absolutely will not work one bit, even if all the bars are full. It has been this way from the very start, I've not done any "rooting" or overclocking of any type.
Is there something I'm missing? I can't imagine what else there is to do. I think I recall seeing a posting where someone said they had a 0 balance on their account (although it was paid up), they simply added $3 to it & it was working fine--but it would seem silly to have to have extra funds on there for that purpose.
(Note to moderators: if this belongs in some other forum and needs to be moved, that's fine, this seemed to be the one closest to my question.)03-19-2011 07:03 PM
- 03-19-2011 07:24 PMLike 1
- scoutconnor Are you saying that this is part of a massive outage?
If so, I'm probably out of here, because 24 hours is entirely unacceptable, except maybe (and I mean MAYBE) in northeastern Japan. My AT&T service (which I still have) may be much higher, but it basically just works, period. Even at $25 a month, that's what I look for.03-19-2011 07:42 PM
- You have done everything right. There is a "national 3G outage" currently.This is the second time in one month this has happened The phone IMHO is excellent. The voice and text service is excellent. The data service has been a nightmare. If it does work you will constantly have to "cycle" the 3G data to get it to work.
However, let's see what happens after this "national 3G outage". If things do not improve you can return the phone.03-19-2011 07:45 PM
- FYI I was told about 6 days ago that the system is getting fitted for the Android 3G. I guess they are doing something and its taken longer then expected, alot longer! Well its back up for me and its running pretty good. Let's see if it sticks. Any one else up now? 11:22 PM03-19-2011 10:23 PM
- Its back up for me too.
Did a few speedtests...fastest i got was 447kbps down and 562kbps up. Seems a bit slow this late at night but im satisfied with it for now, especially if this work they are doing helps out in the long run. Fastest ive seen so far is 1.8mbps down and 609kbps up. Even at 447kbps it beats up MetroPCS's 2g speeds all over the place (speedtest usually yielded around 125kbps max on there). However, metro's service was 100% rock solid through and through.03-20-2011 02:02 AM
- My service FINALLY came in today, and I have to admit--assuming that VM isn't subject to numerous outages & this was a fluke that was pertaining to upgrades, then I'm impressed.
Most places I go to haven't had 3G with my AT&T plan, and my LG Optimus V was noticeably faster. Even in the boonies where I live, where service is spotty, it was serviceable, all I could ask.
I downloaded the iPhone Emulator Keyboard (free version) and it's noticeably better than the "stock" Android keyboard. It's still not as good as my Blackberry was, but it's a lot better than I thought it would be.
LRH03-21-2011 12:14 AM
- FYI I was told about 6 days ago that the system is getting fitted for the Android 3G. I guess they are doing something and its taken longer then expected, alot longer! Well its back up for me and its running pretty good. Let's see if it sticks. Any one else up now? 11:22 PM03-21-2011 07:48 AM
- The rumor I heard is that they are doing physical updates to the cellphone tower hardware and it won't all be done until the end of May. Believe me, if it stays THIS bad, I'm going to be looking for another provider. But if its just spotty, I don't have high enough data needs to care.03-21-2011 10:04 AM
- The rumor I heard is that they are doing physical updates to the cellphone tower hardware and it won't all be done until the end of May. Believe me, if it stays THIS bad, I'm going to be looking for another provider. But if its just spotty, I don't have high enough data needs to care.03-21-2011 10:51 AM
- 03-22-2011 10:40 PM
It seems like someone is turning a switch off and on - which they would be if bandwith is being protected for the more costly "parent company" plans, restricting the lowcost "subsidiary" prepaid plans.
These times have been too precise and predictable to be random errors - my device shows 2-3 bars, and it is trying to get a handshake but not receiving on (wearing down the battery in the meantime).
So, where to go- Cricket is on the Sprint network; I wonder if this restriction is built into their plans?03-22-2011 11:23 PM
- LG Android Phones
- More LG Phones
- LG Optimus Series
- Virgin Mobile Optimus V
LG Optimus V: Won't Connect To Internet
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD