Telenav for Optimus V

s2h2golf

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
Looked to see if anyone has posted this yet. You can get Telenav for the Optimus V by going here. TeleNav OTA

It is for the Optimus on T-Mobile but it works fine on the VM Optimus.

s2h2golf

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
Telenav is a navigation app for your phone. The link sends you to the free, no cost app for your phone. There is a subscription-based program too that you can enable from inside the app - the subscription-based program includes lane assist and a few other goodies, but nothing really worth the extra monthly fee in my opinion.

Edit: This version of Telenav does not download maps to your phone. I was under the impression that it would allow real-time mapping when leaving data-enabled areas, but it does not. If you want an app that will do that, I would recommend CoPilot Live from the Market. Telenav is simply a navigation replacement for Google Maps if you do not like to use that application. Sorry if I misled anyone.

Last edited:

scootincivic

Feb 16, 2011
civicscootin.3utilities.com
Doesn't seem to work when data is disabled to phone...?
Am I missing something? Why is this any different/better than Google Maps?
it's not, I do not see how this "free" version saves the maps cache at all.

I'd rather stick with Copilot our Google Navigation..

Then again Waze does the same as the subjected navigator plus more. So that may be worth checking out to a select few.

Sent from my Optimus V vai Tapatalk

s2h2golf

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
Doesn't seem to work when data is disabled to phone...?
Am I missing something? Why is this any different/better than Google Maps?

Yep, you're right. I guess you have to buy the full version to get the maps. I never tested it without data enabled. Some ATT Captivate users were using this in place of Google Maps since our GPS was crippled and it worked better for them. Just thought I would pass this along...

warrenellis93

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
This was really helpful because i used to be with sprint and I used telenav all the time for navigation. then i decided to switch to virgin mobile, but the problem was that virgin mobile doesnt let you get that application from the market for some reason. Google maps works good to, i just prefer telenav.

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Until recently Google ad an agreement with the mapping company to not include turn by turn navigation, Telenav didn't have that limitation and was a way to get turn by turn. Google now does it so there is less difference between them.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams