copying text from web sites & articles

larrytxeast

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I don't know if this helps, but one thing I would do for sure is install a memo application (perhaps AK Notepad from catch.com, it's in the market, free) and copy-paste the text in a new memo, at that point you have a separate place designated strictly for "cleaning up" your selected text, it's much easier to do there. That is, if you copied too much (because you couldn't fine-tune the selection) you can remove that, if there are line breaks you can remove that, etc.

Then, once that's done, you can easily do a "select all" for copying-pasting it vs having to do a manual drag-to-highlight sort of selection, far easier that way--and if something goes wrong in the paste, you still have the memo saved to go back to--saved on the phone ITSELF (vs the cloud, although AK Notepad allows you to backup to the cloud), and this also frees up your clipboard for copying-pasting other stuff if you need to without losing your original work.

I do that all the time on my Blackberry or Android device (sort of doing both right now), especially if I'm posting to a forum. I actually type out my posting in the memopad & then copy-paste in the browser--that way, if the connection goes bad or the post for some reason doesn't post properly and times out etc, I don't lose anything--it's still in the memo.

LRH

Last edited:
Reactions: mark_williams

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma