Lets make a list of our favorite Optimus V specific apps!

ashton4life

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Hello everyone!:)

We're going to make things as easy as possible for members to try out apps that work with the LG Optimus V. There are so many owners of this device now! Making it easier and funner to try out apps will help us and the app developers.

Let's keep the links pointed to the proper locations for demos and purchasing and feel free to comment on how they well they work for you.

This thread will be adjusted and updated as often as possible. Enjoy!:D

Last edited:

ashton4life

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Torque.v1.4.20.-AnDrOiD (MARKET) is a vehical computer trouble code diagnostic app that uses a bluetooth OBD2 connector you can buy here:

ELM327 OBDII OBD2 V1.4 Bluetooth Diagnostic Interface - eBay (item 290548833957 end time Mar-24-11 20:30:48 PDT)

and then go here and read the comments on how to use the app and connecter together:

OBD ELM327 pairs but won't connect - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

It seems to do other things too like while driving diagnostics. I havent used it yet but will soon when I recieve the connector. I will update later.

Last edited:

ashton4life

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I saw that too, very neat and useful app for someone who either works on cars or wants that information.

I specialize in vintage Hondas and Harley-Davidsons and a ECU monitor doesnt do much for me there haha :D

When you get the connector, id love to see a thread about how the app works and how much useful info it provides

Sounds good...I will let you know. I work at Sears Service Center and if I can just carry the connector in my pocket to deal with customers on the fly it will be good.

mmarz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
This isn't an app but it is a good mod that I add to all the roms I flash. This is what it does:

1. It makes the home, back, and search buttons not turn on the phone from standby. You are less likely to have accidental wake ups this way.
2. It turns the search button into a call button. Pressing the button while on your homescreen will take you directly to your call log. A second press calls the latest entry. When receiving a call, this button will answer the phone.
3. It turns the voice search button into an end-call button. This also doubles as a power button. Pressing it will turn off the screen. Holding it down will bring the power-off prompt.
4. If you are on a sprint rom, it fixes the mixed up touchkeys.

thunder_keypad.kl

Use root explorer or adb to put the file in this folder: /system/usr/keylayout/

Or manually edit your keylayout file to match. It is in plain text.

Last edited:

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Here are a few that will help out on the Optimus V specifically:

--Skyfire Browser : lets you view many webpages with flash, but not all. Even if you root and install a custom ROM, our Vs cannot handle flash with their ARM6 processors. Skyfire uses their servers to transcode the flash file into a format our phones can use.

--Minutes Checker for Virgin Mobile : gives you a quick look at your account, including how many minutes used/remaining

--DSPManager : For rooted 2.3 only (I think) an audio tool that includes a graphics equalizer, can help boost overall volume and make our speakers seem a bit better.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bigtuna00

zires

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
Hey,

Here are mine:

Uninstaller - to uninstall apps.
Dropbox - share apps with my tablet and other computers.
Chompsms - sms with more features than the built in one.
KeePassDroid - rescued my yaps database from my palm centro. Kinda like splash id but free.
Backgrounds - change backgrounds.
Goggles - amazing app for barcodes, qr codes etc.
Speed Test - measure speed of 3g/wifi networks.
Player Pro - music player with graphic equalizer that is really nice.
Emulators - gameboid, gearoid, ataroid, gensoid, nesoid, gbcoid, and snesoid.

jmlivingston

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
  • Funambol - For keeping in sync with Outlook Contacts/Calendars
  • Doubletwist - Music player and MP3 sync tool
  • WiFi Analyzer - Helped me locate "lost" access points above ceiling tiles, led me to within 2 ceiling tiles of our hidden AP's. Amazing tool.
  • Quick Settings - Rapid access to enabling/disabling services such as GPS, WiFi, 3G Data, and of course WiFi Tethering.

Last edited:
Reactions: mmarz

zires

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
Hey,

Is it just me or does my optimus v switch to wifi when I'm in my office or home and when I leave coverage, 3g goes on.

aldamon

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Hey,

Is it just me or does my optimus v switch to wifi when I'm in my office or home and when I leave coverage, 3g goes on.

It might hop back on 3G, but the problem is, WiFi is still running in the background, searching for a signal all of the time unless you remember to turn it off.

Reactions: zires

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
OP are you going to update the first post or are people going to have to dig through the thread?

I ask because it makes it much eaiser to look at the first post initially and then dig deeper. I wouldnt worry too much about links. as much as correct names. Not everybody is going to use the reg market.

Reactions: zires

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I had this apk since about four days of owning my Droid X, I even reinstalled it for its new owner after a full wipe and reinstall.

Caller ID city and state.

ashton4life

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
OP are you going to update the first post or are people going to have to dig through the thread?

I ask because it makes it much eaiser to look at the first post initially and then dig deeper. I wouldnt worry too much about links. as much as correct names. Not everybody is going to use the reg market.

I don't see a need to update things. Let the viewers browse the thread and look at the details from posters.

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I don't see a need to update things. Let the viewers browse the thread and look at the details from posters.

/facepalm..

The main point of top whatever amount threads is so people can look at the first post and see whats suggested. sifting through couple hundred posts is a pain in the but.

Im not saying every last one, just the ones that stick out and go look at me look at me. What I would do is link to the post so if its something that looks like a interesting app they can click goto the post and see whats said there.

But hey its your thread you can maintain it however you want. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech