Optimus Recovery?

salemblack

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I rooted my Optimus V and it went fine. Much easier then I thought it would be. My question now is that I don't really understand how I make a backup of the phone in case I need to recover it. I have seen people talking about phones getting stuck or bricked but being saved and not sure how that works. Is there a certain program or app I need to get? I saw people mention holding certain buttons to enter recovery but I am having no luck finding a guide for it.

I would like to try out some of the ROMS I think but am afraid to move towards that without knowing how to recover if something goes wrong? I apologize if this is stupid or makes no sense.

Mirth

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
If you have a stock or custom recovery on your phone, then you can get to it by turning your phone off, then hold the Home, Volume-Down, and Power buttons all at the same time for a few seconds until the LG Logo flashes. The stock recovery doesn't have an option for backup, but a custom recovery does. When you choose to backup, it will back it up to your Micro-SD card in a folder called "backup", I believe.

Or you can use the app called Titanium Backup:
Titanium Backup ?˜… root - Android app on AppBrain

If you want to put on a custom recovery easily, I suggest taking a look at the ROMTools program and thread:
http://forum.androidcentral.com/opt...3-1-ex-recoveryflasher-tons-new-features.html

It has all the instructions there and it can do a lot of other stuff easily without having to manually put in commands in the adb. All you have to do is change the name of the included recovery file "recovery.img" to "vrecovery.img" (or "recovery" to "vrecovery") and choose option #2 in ROMTools.

Last edited:

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
salmeblack I offer this advise read and search these forums.
For the most part anything you read in the S forums can be applied to the V.
If your not comfortable inputing adb commands right now then PLEASE wait till you are.

salemblack

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
salmeblack I offer this advise read and search these forums.
For the most part anything you read in the S forums can be applied to the V.
If your not comfortable inputing adb commands right now then PLEASE wait till you are.

I try to not do anyhting without learning how to do it. I read up on rooting for two weeks before I did it. I keet trying to understand the recovery but I was missing something even when I read threads about it. I rooted it fine. I just didn't understand what you needed to enter recovery. Been reading for the last couple hours and now I know more.

I see now that I don't need a special program to enter recovery. That was my biggest problem really. Now I see I can do that by holding the buttons. I thought that was something I needed to add to the phone.

I also wanted to say thank you to all the people here for all the help. Great place and I am glad I found it.

denshigomi

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
The stock recovery can restore a non-rooted phone to it's original state.
However, if you're rooted, you have the power to bring your phone to a state that the stock recovery cannot repair.
I strongly recommend you install a custom recovery and preform a NAND backup. This will enable you to recover your phone from the vast majority of situations a regular rooted user might find themselves in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay