Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Stuck on headset mode - need a software fix

Like some others, I've got my Optimus V stuck in headset mode. Media sound doesn't work, the microphone doesn't work, and I can only call in speaker mode. I've tried the physical fixes like using a Q-tip or toothpick and fiddling with the jack, but to no avail. Right now, I just need a way to turn it off. Any kind of software fix would be helpful until I can get it in for repairs. Any suggestions?

That happened to me with my LG Env2. I did the toothpick thing and it worked. I never put earphones in it again. It must be a defect on LG and there jacks. I wish I could help. Chat with someone from LG online. Check out the support chat on there website.

243 Posts
    AOSPCmod 7 2.3.3

20 Posts
    2.3 or what ever I make

Mine Optimus V did the same thing a while ago.. i basically rebooted the phone with the headset plugged in. and it worked. It mostly happens if you use your phone for music alot of times.

Had this happen on HTC Touch Pro, flashing/ resetting didn't help. Jamming my stylus in there a few times fixed it and it never happened again.

Sent from my LG Optimus V using Tapatalk